The Campmanche

BPB

After seeing a Comanche motorhome on Craigslist Darren Eric and I looked at it. I bought it the next dayIt has 114K a Dana 60 rear end and so many details that I will go into later. For now here

emynequt.jpg

qegyqypu.jpg3a2ehyse.jpge6y2ynyh.jpgtuny2u8es.jpgt2yha7uba.jpgjahynu3e.jpgyhesynez.jpg

Ok hear are some random pics of the underside ill get some more tomorrow when I have the wheels off. Also the rear axle is an 8 lug full float dually 60. I like that both of my MHD have full float 60's and no pick up beds.

u8uvate2.jpgazery2yt.jpgra2y7a8y.jpga3eruhe8.jpg

The furnace is auto start it has a roof mount ac/heater, oven and cook top are propane, all work. Fridge works on 112 and 12 volt, propane is testing over night I will test the propane water heater tomorrow. While monkeying withe the back of the fridge I managed to singe all of the hair on my face. pu2u2e7a.jpg

I'm dying to know what you paid for it........

This is just awesome. A D60 huh? Very cool.....

Dunno if you saw my post in the "Dually?" thread where I made some phone calls to the companies that made those camper bodies...... None had any record of having used a Comanche platform. I'm REALLY hoping the documents you got with it will shed some light on its build and if that info could be used to make some contacts to possibly get some production numbers......

That thing could very well be a 1 of 1........ But at the worst, it's not likely to have very many siblings........

Jonesin' for details......:D

I knew I saw this before. Just looked through the random comanches found on the internet thread and on page 15 there it is.

When I read that 1 of 1 above, I thought, I've seen another.

Well on page 15, it looks like the same darn one. So, maybe it is a 1 off.

Like said, at the least, it doesn't have many siblings.

Very Cool!

Going through the paperwork I know that it was purchased in Portland Or. And in 1997 the CD player cost them over $425. Originally it had sheep skin seat covers. I'm going to buy some seat covers soon. I'm pulling the wheels off today ill get more underside pictures then.