• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well got another XJ in the works for my needs.

Got a body, Fresh rebuilt (comp cam) 4.0 engine and AX4/231 and full factory skids and rock rails for my tires & Ax-15/231, so will no longer be on 37's :( , for now anyways :brows:

So after swapping my axles and suspension under it, my first mod is a snorkel :clapping: Finally :shake:

Got a body, Fresh rebuilt (comp cam) 4.0 engine and AX4/231 and full factory skids and rock rails for my tires & Ax-15/231, so will no longer be on 37's :( , for now anyways :brows:

An AX4 behind a 4.0? :nuts:

Congrats on the new ride. And good choice on doing a snorkel first :D

An AX4 behind a 4.0? :nuts:

Congrats on the new ride. And good choice on doing a snorkel first :D

Hell yeah an Custom ax4 has got more balls :rotfl2:

• 3 weeks later...

Well with the lack of getting my jeep towed around, and the fact that rent needed to be paid not getting a new jeep. And with the love for my custom XJ, going to pick up another engine tomorrow. So then will be off to the races to get it going again then find some tires again. :yes:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well a couple of updates....

starting over, :shake:

my DD, 94 2wd auto,

had new lifters and head gasket done on it just for the hell of it, :yes:

Wakeboard76 helping out, well I was helping him :fool:

yep it's a Jeep thing! :finger:

My new trail rig, 96 4x4 auto, :brows:

Still playing around in the Cherokee world eh? :banana:

You know you have Comanche withdrawals... comanche.gif

...and whats this all about?

Time for a real frame and bigger everything.

Yep still planning a wrangler build, but got DD for $500 and traded my saturn for the trail rig so couldn't pass it up.

Only going with a little lift on the trail rig, 5.5-6" with 35's :D

Well it is running, finished it up earlier today, now for the bumpers and winch. jamminz.gif

Greasyyhands and I working on it last night. Guy had stickers on it was ghey. Those are coming off and the rig is getting repainted.

• 3 weeks later...

well the jeep is in the shop finally. Sold the D30 and be picking up my new Ford 44 for up front this week. jamminz.gif Plan is 5.5" with ghey BW fenders, girl likes them. and we'll see how long they last :yes: and be going back up to 37's. :brows: Keeping the 8.8 for out back, planed on running 4.88's but wondering if I could just run the 4.10's again as I will be adding a doubler tcase set up???

What you guys think, run the 4.10's or swap to 4.88's? More a trail rig and will not see as much road as before only to trail mostly. I've seen guys run 4.10 with 39's but I do not have a stroked 383 either.... :???:

Give me some input guys, also some suggestions.

MiNi Beast = FAIL

Sounds like a great plan. :thumbsup: But for some reason I foresee another minibeast style "Epic hillbilly failure". For Christ's sake kid, your build thread is the story of how you destroyed 3 Jeeps. I can't what to see how you brutally molest #4!

:popcorn:

MiNi Beast = FAIL

Sounds like a great plan. :thumbsup: But for some reason I foresee another minibeast style "Epic hillbilly failure". For Christ's sake kid, your build thread is the story of how you destroyed 3 Jeeps. I can't what to see how you brutally molest #4!

:popcorn:

Hey I built them to do just what I needed them for, except for the whole rollover thing that was unexpected, but at least I never gave up on it and continued. :D

Yeah but I figure that was one that I really was learning on, as far as the basics of wheeling and building of one, figure this one here will be built more soundly as I have some good experience in from building and wheeling the last one and can make a more strout jeep this time around and a more complete wheeler that is more capable with out having to get all the damaged as I have not cared about since the roll over. :shake:

And like I said I would like to keep this one pretty as when I drive the ice cream shop or the beach with my kids, people will look and be impressed by the jeep, not astonished by it. :rotfl2: