• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got 4.10 at the moment. Going to be a dog but will be great for the drive done to AL this next weekend, But the 30 will be ditched for a 44 locked up with 4.88 and the rear will be gutted and locked up with new shafts and c-clip eliminators.

• 2 weeks later...

jamminz.gifjamminz.gif Well in Al. Made the drive in like 15 hrs. No problems at all the rig drove great. Took like $175 in gas, of course got a little lost trying to find the Badlands, was going to stop just to meet some of the guys, but got to pissed so just took off to AL,(I'll be back).

well since I got here I took the jeep out once in 2wd, since I have a streatched chain in the t-case( being fixed on WED :brows: ), but went out and got muddy and finished ripping the liftgate off by a tree I got fell into. But fixed that but taking the whole liftggate off. I like it like having tube doors on. But thus far I added bump stops to the rear and new Rancho 5000 shocks, also put my 1 1/2" shackles on the rear. I cut the rear quarters out.

But yeah met some great people down here. I live 2 miles down the road from Offroad Connection. The owner Keith will be halping me out on my t-case and which ever else I may need for the rig. I always wanted to live near a offroad shop, but damn it's getting expensive. Buy something every week. :shake:

And also, I live like 10 mins from Mt. Olive, which is the place for jeeps. Any one ever heard of Grey Rock ORV Park? 2100 acres of riding! :brows: :brows: :brows: :brows: :clapping:

Getting my buttoned up and helping my brother with his then we will be out there come December. :thumbsup:

But alright I'll be hit and miss on here for a few more weeks, debateing yet weather to get the kids and the girl down here :dunno:

:rotf:

• 1 month later...

Well, I'm back up in MI. left the jeep down there with a full tank of gas for when I go back. Going to be up for Christmas and New Years then heading back down with the family for good. I got no picks though the few times I went out I forgot the camera, and I wish I had had it the last time I went, my brother came and well we went though some $#!&. One mud hole was so deep it was coming over my dash and flooded my rear floorboard. I came to a dead stop in that hole about 3/4 of the way through but I kept working it left and right and back and forward and I made it through after a few mintutes with no outside help. That was awesome, then we climbed some wicked hills all ruted up and trenched out, my jeep flexed awesome and had no problems with whatever I pointed the nose at. Then there was some rock walls that I was scrared to try to climb before but since my brother was the in his yota mini truck on 38's, I had to try to show him up, and I climbed the rock wall like nothing, I love 4WD. I did it twice so my brother had to try, and well I think he took out a axle or ujoint, He go to hopping and then it just went. So he unlocked and we took off home, I was laughing at his @$$ for this all night to. Then the next day driving to work, started going up a little hill and I heard something give out. Some inspection tought it be my darn track bar again with the bushing blew out, so replaced with heim, then once all was tight checked my wheel bears and well yeah, had about a 1/2'' to 1'' play. NICE! So $175 later I slapped to hubs on and parked her and left back up here. So she is ready for when I get back. I'll get pics when I get back down there for sure, those trails are awesome compared to up here.

Been there with the T-case - last fall. My front seal leaked and it eventually ran the thing dry. Ate up my mode fork in the process...

After I put the different SYEed one in, I check the fluid levels religiously...

Looks like your Bro has a nice one there...

TTYL Take Care

Been there with the T-case - last fall. My front seal leaked and it eventually ran the thing dry. Ate up my mode fork in the process...

After I put the different SYEed one in, I check the fluid levels religiously...

Looks like your Bro has a nice one there...

TTYL Take Care

• 1 month later...

Well went back down for another month, mainly to get my tools and rig back up here, being I'll be sticking around for a few more months after all. So took some pics of the local trails down there. And as well as I ended up getting a overhaul on the 8.8 bearings just before I drove back on up. These are some of the local trails and mild ones at that being I had my mom's with me and she no like much, and is terrified of the ruts.

Your door called and said it want its mirror back...... :rotfl2:

So no sweet home Alabama for you huh..

So you back to MI or still in AL?

That front window reminds me of a Humvee...

Nope back in MI only until spring time.Work I had lined up done there I got done with early, So came back for hoildays without the jeep or tools, then I got some work lined up up here so went back done to get jeep and tools but needed to rebuld the 8.8 before left, bad pinion bearing-so just overhauled the whole thing, so had to wait so took a job so was done there three weeks instead of 1. But now I'm in MI and awaiting what I want to do next with the jeep and going to get more situated then move back down or someplace else warm... Got a room JT? :rotf:

Your door called and said it want its mirror back...... :rotfl2:

So no sweet home Alabama for you huh..

So you back to MI or still in AL?

That front window reminds me of a Humvee...

Nope back in MI only until spring time.Work I had lined up done there I got done with early, So came back for hoildays without the jeep or tools, then I got some work lined up up here so went back done to get jeep and tools but needed to rebuld the 8.8 before left, bad pinion bearing-so just overhauled the whole thing, so had to wait so took a job so was done there three weeks instead of 1. But now I'm in MI and awaiting what I want to do next with the jeep and going to get more situated then move back down or someplace else warm... Got a room JT? :rotf:

lol.. Hells yeah.. bring the kids and beer..