well i say i got the ball and the towing shall be a bit easier. now perhaps some air bags...:brows:

also picked up some flares to get some better coverage over the tires to be more legit driving cross country. so if you have been following you know that i don't care much for pretty but more for functionality.  But can't say I'm not impressed with the looks these will give the jeep. again only in hopes to look legit. :shaking:

so plan to cut and fold and create a bigger wheel well opening for the 37s. in doing so i hope to cut a bit of rust out and give it some more life. just cut it to fit, screw it on and run it! :comanche: so be working on that for a bit as have to pull fenders out some and beat them to make room. post up when it looks pretty....somewhat. looks good going down the road eh. :laugh:

20210428_182836.jpg

20210428_182849.jpg

20210428_191135.jpg

20210428_182906.jpg

20210428_191043.jpg

20210428_200005.jpg

20210428_200015.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one side finished. keep it mind I'm for function not looks. therefore front ones bit of tilt for clearances with cut up fender and bigger tires. I'm happy with it and can still run a liner on the inside to combat mud clogs  :teehee: remember this is hard core tech now. 

20210429_180316.jpg

20210429_181418.jpg

20210429_185900.jpg

20210429_185926.jpg

20210429_185955.jpg

20210429_204754.jpg

18 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

you calling my jeep questionable? :slap:

NEVER!! :jammin: I’d say that most guys trailer their rigs that have been modified to the point of axle swaps and 37”+ tires. Those guys are taking the easy way out! Where’s the adventure?! :beerchug:

I need to deal with engine over heating. Need to get another fan installed and been looking at the trip fan shroud set up. Seems like cheap enough to ensure things are handled. Already replaced radiator but still would like to get that bypass filter setup and perhaps a defroster plumbed back in. Also need the dual battery setup with new wiring and converter box for life. Then I think I need to get 231c built and installed with new solids mounts for trans and engine. :shhh: just another day working in the garden. 

• 2 weeks later...

Up early awaiting jeep parts..is that weird? :dunno:

Pete going to hook me up with some leafs and they are much needed. :D

So pick those up soon. And today the triple fan setup will be here so will get that installed and no more over heating. :crazy: fans help you know. :laugh:

So after all setup, found I did indeed have a bad temp sender. So good upgrade opportunity. :grinyes: everything becoming more mechanically reliable enough. Soon to get driveshafts back so need to jump onto getting the 231c tcase button up and installed for the long haul. Which at that point I will be picking up some new leafs for the rear and plan to install some air bags along with the utilization of some UBE and let that make up the 1.5" lift needed with the use of stock shackles again. Which I'm happy about as the shackles I have now are the long ones and are prone to inversion and they have taking a beating spring wrap is bad with those 4.88s and 37s twisting around. The ubolt eliminator also features a flat mounting pad as well for incorporating air bags I believe and will soon see. Then this type of setup will still allow long travel shocks and flex while performing under load, be it camp gear, tools, wood, or even hauling a trailer. It's a work truck I never play. :shaking:

But I just trashed 1 of the 3 fans. I KNEW the engine would flex and spossush. :sad: cause I'm putting the extra 10in on it now. :brows: not that I need to.. I need to move radiator forward an 1inchiish. :shhh: now it's raining and guess happy I didn't go to the big bike blessing after all. Its been a busy week working on the jeep. 

20210514_204452.jpg

20210515_140515.jpg

20210515_140806.jpg

20210515_142130.jpg