1987 comanche first car

I have had a Yellow Top for over 8 years (has gone from Jeep to Jeep) and it's running strong. That said, when it does die, I'm going to go to Oreilleys to get one of their AGM series batteries. I read somewhere that Deka makes those for SuperStart and Deka gets great reviews everywhere. Also, the one I've been seeing is going for around $180, which is much more palatable than the $250 Optima wants for their product.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39a9a9b07b449d7c6221e5ece68e47cc.jpg

diggin it,

looks like you have your sway bar attached! i bet it would have flexed alot nicer if it was undone for stuff like that,

you undo it for offroading right? 

keep up with the awesome progress man!!

39a9a9b07b449d7c6221e5ece68e47cc.jpg

diggin it,

looks like you have your sway bar attached! i bet it would have flexed alot nicer if it was undone for stuff like that,

you undo it for offroading right?

keep up with the awesome progress man!!

Ya I try to but I forget a lot haha

• 2 weeks later...

Well today I picked up a 89 renix and over this summer very slowly I will build it up into a 4.7 stroker. Can't wait. Motor has 121000 on it and it came with everything. Got it for only 150$!! But loading it was very tough because the cherry picker was broken. Took 2 hours lol 5021abb58cc823c5757d4c72a74f2403.jpg0da08655974129058c515387b2a6ea9d.jpgaac3a440a3e719de80b6dcb6d96e18b9.jpg

The kids dads wrangler was dope too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to do some research because I don't know what I need to keep and what needs to stay in order. I'm labeling everything very well so that I can put it all back if needed though.

0cef2f350d3f8e3498f1b6ed9b08a218.jpgfaf739d9aad68d1890a4ea0b2db6929b.jpge0fea6a29d9ba96194392e8dd933e70a.jpg

I've never been inside any engine so this is all new. I know what everything is but I still feel lost lol. It's a lot of fun though

Also blew up my rear drive shaft. I was crawling over 2 rocks and then next thing I know my rear tires aren't spinning. My drive shaft just gave up. When I got home after a 5 miles drive in front wheel drive my rear end was dripping atf so somehow the atf from the transfer case ended up on my ford 8.8 e0b639bcfb9bbc62b82db041e56ca890.jpg5ea818f99d84856423b92231c8825f41.jpg

looks like you hit that rock pretty good! as for the rock rash spiral for an indication that starts faintly at the front of your shaft. acted like a can opener.  my truck had a gnarrrrly one that went the full length of the shaft. it took out every output seal i put in within a week of installation until i replaced it

it makes sense your rear end was dripping the atf, i bet you didnt have the slip yolk installed while limping it home, so it was shooting out the back while driving and your rear diff was directly in the way of its path, check your fluid levels for fluid loss! 

and those groove's in the #1 cyl look pretty deep. your going to have some serious over bored pistons or have to get it resleeved.

isnt this stuff fun? i love wrenching and building stuff.

my $500 4wd conversion beater needs a engine rebuild so I'm thinking about stroking it for fun, or atleast throwing a lumpy cam in it

keep it up bud, you should go to bigger tires for more ground clearance you defiantly have enough gears to do so. 

more pics! 

looks like you hit that rock pretty good! as for the rock rash spiral for an indication that starts faintly at the front of your shaft. acted like a can opener.  my truck had a gnarrrrly one that went the full length of the shaft. it took out every output seal i put in within a week of installation until i replaced it

it makes sense your rear end was dripping the atf, i bet you didnt have the slip yolk installed while limping it home, so it was shooting out the back while driving and your rear diff was directly in the way of its path, check your fluid levels for fluid loss! 

and those groove's in the #1 cyl look pretty deep. your going to have some serious over bored pistons or have to get it resleeved.

isnt this stuff fun? i love wrenching and building stuff.

my $500 4wd conversion beater needs a engine rebuild so I'm thinking about stroking it for fun, or atleast throwing a lumpy cam in it

keep it up bud, you should go to bigger tires for more ground clearance you defiantly have enough gears to do so. 

more pics! 

I would've got 35s but i was scared id lose to much power, but i regret it now lol. someday hopefully! 

• 2 weeks later...

So I had a new drive shaft made. I only had 200$ in my account so I told the shop that I want the cheapest thing they could make but because it took them so long to make it, the owner hooked me up with beefier tube so this shaft should hold up real well!

b5e9bee69ecb3e9ae39f7ee38fd8ede2.jpg

For the last couple of weeks my trucks been running weird, like it hasn't been getting enough fuel, and I asked a mechanic at work about it and he told me to change my plugs. When I was changing them, I found that my plug wire was split and so I think I was runnin on 5 cylinders for awhile lol