1987 comanche first car

I was giving this trialer yesterday. Tandem axle tilt deck. 20ft by 8ft deck. My grandpa built it years ago. I'm going to paint it black and put my logo on it. I'm going to use my dads Silverado to pull it most of the time but the comanche might try to pull it too. I also got this vise and gave it a nice paint job with my new spray gun

69bfbbc04a5a772edada1f2177baa527.jpg

What are the details on that gorgeous sidecar? BMW?

My uncle bought it on the way up to drop off the trailer. Don't really know much about it but he's putting it on his Honda shadow

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've really been wanting a dirt bike but I'm saving my money for a 95 dodge 12 valve (keeping the comanche)but my dad surprised me with this kx250 for my 18th birthday . We got a really good deal and it is so much fun f713f0951706e27d96c79a78945f3c7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've really been wanting a dirt bike but I'm saving my money for a 95 dodge 12 valve (keeping the comanche)but my dad surprised me with this kx250 for my 18th birthday . We got a really good deal and it is so much fun f713f0951706e27d96c79a78945f3c7b.jpg

i had to sell my cr125 to continue building my jeep. wish i could have kept it, love riding. that kx looks clean. 

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't done a lot on the jeep lately other then get this Cummins comanche sticker. I need to fix a few things on it but I'm picking up a 12 valve Cummins tomorrow morning!! I'll have 2 trucks haha!!! 66f76a1775af3823ec94713604203ee4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well haven't worked on the jeep in forever and finally had a really productive day on it. I put a $#!& ton of dirt in it awhile ago and since then it was making horrible noises. Turned out it was just a bad u joint. I also re painted my bumper and rock sliders. And I painted over the rough country steering stabilizer cus I hate rough country and it's the only RC I have on my truck lol. 6b2970f6cb75f240cbff2a03c0565bc7.jpgb6e57159b1f5bc53d1d017e62233aaec.jpg72eab99b2d5de9e093b7da3ece63ad75.jpg8d26caf30da93a0f8ca133a273420d33.jpg4731deaa3dbdd5cb9df3cb87a2a7d196.jpg840288832d8e0f8332b42e1a2e9cf039.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Nice Dodge. I've had a couple of those. The last one tried pretty hard to kill me. I recommend replacing the ubolts in the rear if it's had a lot of miles, or been abused.

I just put new tires on it cus the last set tried to kill me lol

• 2 months later...

Well my alternator went out and almost left me stranded in the Canadian border line on the Canadian side. That would have been bad. Luckily I made it across and coasted into a parts store parking lot and fixed it the next morning right there. Also upgraded to a 100amp alternator to run the winch Better

89555837db4b8980bd531d15555e070f.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So small update for y’all. I’m in college here in Ellensburg, Washington going to CWU and I parked my jeep and thought it was going to be sitting all year while I’m gone but my dumb dodge broke down over here so I needed the babe back and so brought her over here to ellensburg and it’s been awesome! The jeep is having a great time. So much cool trails and spots over here!!! Also got a new gun.

• 3 weeks later...

Last time I was going over Snaqualmie pass, my jeep tried to kill me. I got death wobble bad, and that was the first time I've ever had it. Every bump after that I would tense up so hard. I was very nervous. The next day, after work here in Ellensburg, I pulled my Jeep into the shop and just about everything was loose on the front end, and the track bar was about to fall off. I tightened everything up and also through on a new wheel bearing. I forgot how much fun it is working on my jeep. Its so easy and i feel like I know how to fix everything on it now. I sure have learned a lot from it.  

I also just started running the 15w-40 in my jeep too. I like the thicker oil better, and my dodge takes the same so i always have some on hand

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Haven't posted on here for a long time. Kinda of sad, I used to do so much to my comanche. Now I got some new stuff lined up though. Buying a PSC hydro set up when I get my tax return and now looking for a front dana 44. I want a selectable locker and 37s by august. Going to completely re do my suspension in the next few months. Long arms, maybe front coil overs, we shall see. Just starting to research but I am excited to get back into it again. 

18 hours ago, Jackrabbit41 said:

Haven't posted on here for a long time. Kinda of sad, I used to do so much to my comanche. Now I got some new stuff lined up though. Buying a PSC hydro set up when I get my tax return and now looking for a front dana 44. I want a selectable locker and 37s by august. Going to completely re do my suspension in the next few months. Long arms, maybe front coil overs, we shall see. Just starting to research but I am excited to get back into it again. 

nice!  that's certainly an ambitious task list ahead of you.  should be a lot of fun!   :D 

although for 37s, you could almost just step up to dana 60s.