1987 comanche first car

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the muffler/exhaust system you have? I have straight pipes from the PO, I get up at 4:00 am to go to work, and am worried my neighbors are going to set my truck on fire for waking them up every morning. You truck sounds good without being obnoxious. What did you use?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

What's the muffler/exhaust system you have? I have straight pipes from the PO, I get up at 4:00 am to go to work, and am worried my neighbors are going to set my truck on fire for waking them up every morning. You truck sounds good without being obnoxious. What did you use?

lol, I had my truck on open headers for a day and it was horrible. It had a flowmaster super 44. No cat but 2.25 tubing. I love how it sounds. Barely hear it in the cab but sounds really throaty outside

Be careful doing that. Cops love finding everything "illegal" on modified vehicles, especially if your already doing something "illegal" nice truck though and those are some sweet pictures.

Ya I've ran into that before, I can be a dumbass lol. Only 17. But thanks!!! I love the pics too

lol, I had my truck on open headers for a day and it was horrible. It had a flowmaster super 44. No cat but 2.25 tubing. I love how it sounds. Barely hear it in the cab but sounds really throaty outside
Awesome. I was thinking Flowmaster 44 or flowmaster 40, I think I will go with the 44.

Awesome. I was thinking Flowmaster 44 or flowmaster 40, I think I will go with the 44.

If I was you too, I'd leave your cat on, when I took mine off it made it a little louder but honestly doesn't sound as good

• 2 weeks later...

Today me and my girlfriend went up to a spot here in Whatcom County called Samish overlook. Its a skinny gravel road and today had hard packed snow/ice on it with 4 inches of powder off to the side. My jeep did amazing. Really the first time I've driven on that kind of terrain. I just put it in low range going down hills and never had a problem. Was really happy with how it performed. 5 cars got stuck on the way up/down. I tried winching a subura outback out of a deep ditch but the comanche is too light and i didn't have chains. I used the snatch block off a tree but it still didn't do much. A guy in a cummins with chains ended up having o pull out 5 people haha. Sadly didn't get any pics of the jeep but I'm really happy with how it did! 

Today me and my girlfriend went up to a spot here in Whatcom County called Samish overlook. Its a skinny gravel road and today had hard packed snow/ice on it with 4 inches of powder off to the side. My jeep did amazing. Really the first time I've driven on that kind of terrain. I just put it in low range going down hills and never had a problem. Was really happy with how it performed. 5 cars got stuck on the way up/down. I tried winching a subura outback out of a deep ditch but the comanche is too light and i didn't have chains. I used the snatch block off a tree but it still didn't do much. A guy in a cummins with chains ended up having o pull out 5 people haha. Sadly didn't get any pics of the jeep but I'm really happy with how it did!

Chains are truly the unsafest way to pull someone out,

Look into kinectic energy ropes(bubba rope, voodoo rope, master pull) it's literally a rubber band and have seen Cherokees pull 2 ton mud boggers out

Look into kinectic energy ropes(bubba rope, voodoo rope, master pull) it's literally a rubber band and have seen Cherokees pull 2 ton mud boggers out

I think he was talking about tire chains. He was on snow and using a winch. I'm only assuming here but that is how I read it.

!

I think he was talking about tire chains. He was on snow and using a winch. I'm only assuming here but that is how I read it.

Shhhhh....he's probably from the south. We're not really sure what that white stuff on the ground is, much less how to drive in it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Went up there for the first time a week~ ago.

Got a cool pic while i was up there.

hXt7rnN.jpg

hXt7rnN.jpg

that's awesome!! Haven't seen you around town much lately.

hXt7rnN.jpg

that's awesome!! Haven't seen you around town much lately.

Yea, Havent been driving the truck too much lately. Had a few steering issues / random small quirky things pop up.. Just got it all fixed & she drives straight again lol

I think the guy in the helicopter was taking pics of your truck, just sayin

Oh he was super creepin on us, He was hovering over us for a solid 20 minutes doing circles really close to us. There's literally nothing else in that area...

Weird thing is, I ran the #'s on the tail of the heli & it matches a heli that crashed in 2014 near the space needle @ seattle (looks exactly the same too)

• 2 weeks later...

I was giving this trialer yesterday. Tandem axle tilt deck. 20ft by 8ft deck. My grandpa built it years ago. I'm going to paint it black and put my logo on it. I'm going to use my dads Silverado to pull it most of the time but the comanche might try to pull it too. I also got this vise and gave it a nice paint job with my new spray gun

69bfbbc04a5a772edada1f2177baa527.jpg

7886867b02cccb52ad351982829af4fa.jpgf43673c767fa0dc937a886f9ed34a402.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We never get snow here in Bellingham but today we've gotten 8 inches. At my high school there was an 8 foot pile of snow I tried ovdrice through. Ended up getting stuck and had to use the winch. My fairlead roller broke 7207a573ff2dfc3f393acee05e6b922b.jpg56062b42c0251575052f0e86a46a7c52.jpgd612fd6020e9deb1c04beb4f45eca28c.jpg

I've also had to pull out 3 people now. I'm amazed at how well my jeep does in the snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was giving this trialer yesterday. Tandem axle tilt deck. 20ft by 8ft deck. My grandpa built it years ago. I'm going to paint it black and put my logo on it. I'm going to use my dads Silverado to pull it most of the time but the comanche might try to pull it too. I also got this vise and gave it a nice paint job with my new spray gun

69bfbbc04a5a772edada1f2177baa527.jpg

What are the details on that gorgeous sidecar? BMW?