1987 comanche first car

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

My completely stock truck 5spd 4x4 long bed (with exception of 235's on heavier steel wheels), as weighed on a truck scale with me(260lbs), a full 16gal tank, and nothing else in it came out to 3792lbs.

EDIT: I should note I had no spare wheel or tire, so add about 50-60lbs for that.

Keep in mind that most curb weights are "dry" weighs and do not include the weight of fluids, fuel etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet build. What did you clean the taillights with? Mine are in need for sure.

Also noticed you scrapped the LED bar up top, not happy with it?

I used a kit from a local hardware store. And the light bar made my doors leak because of the mounts but once I build a roof rack I'll mount another one on the roof rack. It was a good light bar though. Lots of fun

Made a trip to walker valley. Nothing broke, but my battery died so me and a friend had to push my jeep and pop the clutch to start it. Also my fire extinguisher went off in my cab and made a huge mess. And one time I hit a stump really hard wit my front diff cover but luckily only the paint came off. The stock cover is a lot stronger then I thought.

aafa8ec2c88c9af0389def3c3f8f83c2.jpg2cdefdfef6571f756b9b36272d0b889c.jpgfa2655b04a81aab4a93f928a490b5b40.jpg56583abf27fe4f49711b79005e51b034.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally put in fixed lowers and adjustable uppers from IRO. I've had trouble since December but just been to lazy 4e4f3f722ad07e9c4b629bf56c43fbae.jpgf4cfac6aa5e00a9ce72f3ccf17f9cd4f.jpg

Where did you get your control arm mounts? Did they come in a lift? I need to replace my stock control mounts.

Just figured out that's part of the lift right? What size lift do you have?

Finally put in fixed lowers and adjustable uppers from IRO. I've had trouble since December but just been to lazy 4e4f3f722ad07e9c4b629bf56c43fbae.jpgf4cfac6aa5e00a9ce72f3ccf17f9cd4f.jpg

Where did you get your control arm mounts? Did they come in a lift? I need to replace my stock control mounts.

Just figured out that's part of the lift right? What size lift do you have?

I pieced together my lift from a guide off of this website. It's a 5.5 inch lift though. They are control arm drop brackets from rubicon express

Recently my jeeps been weird when startin. It sounds like the battery is always low but today after lacrosse practice at a diary queen it completely quit. Wouldn't start. I got my Friend to jump me but turns out it was the starter so I got to lay on the nice soft parking lot and swapped in a new one.

Probably getting a yellow top optima soon, anyone have anyone tips for or against optimas?

I've had a Bluetop in mine for 2 yrs great battery worth the money!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Never had luck with optima. Some people swear by them, but a lot have had issues. All I use is interstate anymore, but the battery debate is about the same as the oil debate. Everyone will have their own opinion on what's best.

Yep. I like wally mart batteries because they're cheap and have a nice warranty for when they go bad (all batteries eventually do). Only issue may be if you're crawling a bunch they don't always seal the best.

Sent from atop the porcelain throne.

Just got a yellow top with the dual posts. My battery holder doesn't really fit it though so I need to fab up something new

36a6a7fc9d4e466b3d63e6ff530226ae.jpg

Now I just need to move al my wires to the other posts. Hopefully this thing is going to be worth the 250$

A battery should hold it's charge for longer than a couple weeks at a time... I left my Lada outside for a couple months this winter without starting it, and it didn't even crank over slowly. My MJ is good for over a month as well, and it still has the clock and stuff draining the charge when it sits.

Me and a friend with a 91 ranger had some fun swapping tires yesterday. My truck didn't look so good with 285s but his truck did look good with my 33s. 18bb2d6c1577ade85823515298d2dd0e.jpgf1c0634c857ab4cfd00386cce5085590.jpg

Also built this bumper and out a skid on it 7cf8baddf108e5308b23343875dd7bb1.jpg

Probably getting a yellow top optima soon, anyone have anyone tips for or against optimas?

I've known a few people with optimas, I don't think any of them like theirs.. Seem to have issues. Read something about they were REALLY good a bunch of years back, But they changed factories or something & went downhill.

NorthStar AGM is what i have in mine, Got it down the road from my house same price as the internet (Plus tax)