1987 comanche first car

Got the T-handle, nice. I went with the old round ball, more comfortable in my hands. So are you like me now and think it was worth every penny? :yes:

For sure! I love it. I actually ordered the ball but they sent me the T but I like it

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Flywheels falling out so ordered a new tranny last week, actually a reman, so this weekend I hope it'll get here so I can swap it in with a buddy and get the jeep goin again!

what do you mean your flywheel is falling out?

was it not torqued properly on instalL? :P

also, hiding the RC doesnt change anything unless you swap to something other than RC!!!

keep up the good work

Flywheels falling out so ordered a new tranny last week, actually a reman, so this weekend I hope it'll get here so I can swap it in with a buddy and get the jeep goin again!

what do you mean your flywheel is falling out?

was it not torqued properly on instalL? :P

I torqued it to the correct spec last year when I swapped my tranny but it's coming out. I can wiggle it by hand. And my current trannys really leaky and has a bad synchro or two

also, hiding the RC doesnt change anything unless you swap to something other than RC!!!

keep up the good work

I torqued them down to spec but obviously something isn't right haha

"Only $30" is a good reason not to go for it. Keeping your wheels attached is pretty important. Too important not to get quality parts. It's not just your own safety you need to think about, but also the safety of everyone else on or around the road.

Not wheel spacers, coil spacers. And they were only 30$ cus I just had to pay for the shipping

• 4 weeks later...

So bad news y'all:

Just got s 686$ ticket

So I just left school and I hadn't put my seatbelt on which was stupid, my mistake, but I also didn't have my insurance card with me so the officer thought I had none, no mudflaps, and then I had a knife in my truck on school campus. I wasn't driving like an idiot. Perfectly safe. Pissed about it. I'm going to fight it though, just sent in the ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and another thing that sucks is that this cop is camped out at my school everyday, so i actually have to put on mud flaps within 10-15 days or else ill get another ticket. Everyone in my area, very liberal town, drives subareas and VW's so i kinda stand out lol. I hate the look of mud flaps. 

I had the same problem. I ended up taking some square tube and a bit of square rod and made a bracket. few holes and a free mudflap that fell off a semi I got a pair of removable mudflaps. If you got a drill and a angle grinder its a simple project, and works just like the factory semi ones.

Oh and another thing that sucks is that this cop is camped out at my school everyday, so i actually have to put on mud flaps within 10-15 days or else ill get another ticket. Everyone in my area, very liberal town, drives subareas and VW's so i kinda stand out lol. I hate the look of mud flaps. 

The cop did his job as he should have. You made yourself stand out, lol, both on your truck and by forgetting basic common sense things, lol, and your pissed about it? Pay the fine, learn from it, and CYOA always in the future. Been there, done that, as I'm sure most of us have.    :cheers:

It feels pretty bitter getting a ticket, but the cop's just out there doing his job. The lifted 4x4 community is looked upon as offensive to a lot of the people making the rules, so in order to stay in the game, you have to play by their rules, as anything you do will impact the reputation of everyone else in the community.

Mud flaps prevent mud and stones from getting flung at people, or other people's cars that they care about just as much as you care about your MJ. I remember as a kid sitting in my parents van and watching a rock come flying and shattering the window right beside me. I can't guarantee it was flung by someone without mud flaps, but I definitely wouldn't have enjoyed taking it to the face if the window had been open. My mj's still mostly stock, but once it goes up with bigger tires, there will definitely be flaps on it.

I know you're getting dogpiled but there's a reason for mudflap laws. Just had to have my father's windshield replaced because of a rock thrown up by a lifted truck's tires.

As for the other stuff, live and learn. I'm not even that old and I realize how dumb I used to be when I was in high school. There's published proof of it if you look at some of my past CC posts.