More Power Form Renix 87 And 88

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Waiting for a 89/90 to show up at the junkyard, but I did some reading on the internets and read somewhere that the manual transmission ECU's have a slightly faster timing advance curve, is that true? That the ignition curves come in faster (no additional total timing)

For auto trans, it needs to compensate for stall speed - it lets the rpms climb a bit more.

I'm not sure what this all means, but has anyone compared auto/manual ECU's on manual transmission?

Waiting for a 89/90 to show up at the junkyard, but I did some reading on the internets and read somewhere that the manual transmission ECU's have a slightly faster timing advance curve, is that true? That the ignition curves come in faster (no additional total timing)

For auto trans, it needs to compensate for stall speed - it lets the rpms climb a bit more.

I'm not sure what this all means, but has anyone compared auto/manual ECU's on manual transmission?

Not sure about the advance curve, but using a MT in an AT can cause idle to be an issue.

I'm a microbrew IPA guy.

In a lot of the crappy places I was at when younger you couldn't afford to be a beer snob. There were only two beers, hot and cold. So I'm not particular anymore. If I had to pick a favorite it would be Tiger Beer, brewed in Singapore. Anyone ever try it?

cruiser54, on 15 Mar 2015 - 9:54 PM, said:snapback.png

LOL. You're just jealous you don't have something as simple and efficient as a rEnix.

Yep, I'm jealous. But you do see the big picture. Controversy breeds knowledge.

But only if one's mind is open to accepting new ideas.knowledge. 

cruiser54, on 15 Mar 2015 - 9:54 PM, said:snapback.png

LOL. You're just jealous you don't have something as simple and efficient as a rEnix.

Yep, I'm jealous. But you do see the big picture. Controversy breeds knowledge.

But only if one's mind is open to accepting new ideas.knowledge. 

How about an open mind to OLD knowledge? 

I'm a microbrew IPA guy.

In a lot of the crappy places I was at when younger you couldn't afford to be a beer snob. There were only two beers, hot and cold. So I'm not particular anymore. If I had to pick a favorite it would be Tiger Beer, brewed in Singapore. Anyone ever try it?
Yes...it tastes horrible. Most people compare it to formaldehyde.

I'm a microbrew IPA guy.

What part of the tiger does it come from? 

I'm a microbrew IPA guy.

Yes, but you have to eat rancid raw fish with it to taste right. It's a acquired taste. You must like Bud Lime too, like Cruiser.

I'm a microbrew IPA guy.

Yes, but you have to eat rancid raw fish with it to taste right. It's a acquired taste. You must like Bud Lime too, like Cruiser.

That stuff comes from the Clydesdales!! 

I'm a microbrew IPA guy.

No, my favorite is Primo. But i like others as well. I don't see the point in lime flavored beers. Id think adding a lime to it accomplishes the same thing and probably tastes better.

I'm a microbrew IPA guy.

Tiger or Singha are my two favorite beers! Every time I got to the Thai restaurant I end up getting snookered off Singha. Nothing pairs better with Thai food!