It works the other way too. Your summer heat is hell for me. Given the option, I'll take the temperature extreme where you can keep adding layers to stay warm... There's only so many you can remove, and it still doesn't prevent cooking in your own juices!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

finally got around to taking pictures of the mounts for the fans and power steering,

Top of the fans is nothing special just self tapping screws into the rad support:

tumblr_nii3hgsAnQ1tp7iyeo1_1280.jpg

For the power steering i cut the piece it originally bolted to which was part of the mount for the old rad and couldnt be reused with the wider inline six rad. then just bent up some steel i had laying around:

tumblr_nii3hgsAnQ1tp7iyeo3_1280.jpg

the bottom of the fans are bolted to a piece of light duty L-channel and secured to the frame:

tumblr_nii3hgsAnQ1tp7iyeo2_1280.jpg

Theres so much room for activities now without the clutch fan and the rad sitting underneath the rad  support, i also like how much higher the bottom of the rad is compared to the 4 cylinder one even with the skidplate i feel like a stick or something could have caught the bottom of it from the side:

tumblr_nii3hgsAnQ1tp7iyeo4_1280.jpg

Looks great I've been wanting to do this mod for a while now.....

What fans did you use?

Also what switch or fan controller are you using for this swap?

The fans came out of  this badboy: I'm pretty sure they are mishimotos, 12" maybe??

tumblr_nikha1NiEq1tp7iyeo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nikha1NiEq1tp7iyeo1_1280.jpg

I blew the turbo on it a little while ago at the drift track and have been waiting for the finances to do an upgrade. And right now they are just wired to the power for my blower motor it was the closest easiest thing to slice to and still came on with the key. will do it to a temp sensor in the future just didnt have one on hand. right now i can adjust the rad fan speed with the blower motor speed  :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Sliding around the backroads so much has got me thinking: i need to build a drift comanche. 2wd lowered welded rear axle. ive been infatuated with the autocross xj since i first saw it and i could definitely use some of their techniques from their build thread.

tumblr_nj6kz52Dg31tp7iyeo1_1280.jpg

• 4 months later...

Had a great day of exploring about a week ago, I'm back in kamloops British Columbia and the forest service and mining roads out here are just endless.

tumblr_npo2ybu30v1tp7iyeo8_1280.jpg

tumblr_npo2ybu30v1tp7iyeo7_1280.jpg

tumblr_npo2zjXFDD1tp7iyeo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_npo2ybu30v1tp7iyeo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_npo2ybu30v1tp7iyeo1_1280.jpg

But unfortunately the adventure wasnt without its casualties....

tumblr_npo2ybu30v1tp7iyeo6_1280.jpg

That's the remainder of my ecu after a stick got lodged up into my engine bay somehow and tore some wires attached to this plug causing it to short or ground out. anyone know what that's even for??

tumblr_npo2ybu30v1tp7iyeo3_1280.jpg

luckily i found a computer not too far away in Prince George. Auto wrecker put it on a bus for me and it arrived yesterday. guy told me it was out of a 90 cherokee but clearly written on it is 88 cherokee  :doh:  installed it and now she's purring like a walrus.

old computer:

tumblr_npo2ybu30v1tp7iyeo5_1280.jpg

new computer:

tumblr_npo2ybu30v1tp7iyeo4_1280.jpg

Also took the opportunity to rewire my electric fans to a switch instead of jury rigged to the blower motor power like its been.

tumblr_nposkbTUYH1tp7iyeo1_1280.jpg

Went on more adventures today. followed this FSR road up greenstone mountain at the end it turned into a full on trail, met some ATVers on the trails they gave me quite the look. For the last kilometer the road turned to trail and was pretty rocky. At the end was a pretty steep and rocky climb the picture doesn't do it too much justice. tumblr_nppswzIUTa1tp7iyeo1_1280.jpg

The original point of the expedition was to scope potential mountain bike lines. Here is a road gap on the trail

tumblr_npprfyVo6i1tp7iyeo10_1280.jpg

And now pictures  . :MJ 1: .

tumblr_npprfyVo6i1tp7iyeo9_1280.jpgtumblr_npprfyVo6i1tp7iyeo8_1280.jpgtumblr_npprfyVo6i1tp7iyeo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_npprfyVo6i1tp7iyeo7_1280.jpgtumblr_npprgvXTW51tp7iyeo4_1280.jpgtumblr_npprgvXTW51tp7iyeo3_1280.jpgtumblr_npprgvXTW51tp7iyeo2_1280.jpgtumblr_npprfyVo6i1tp7iyeo3_1280.jpgtumblr_npprfyVo6i1tp7iyeo4_1280.jpgtumblr_npprfyVo6i1tp7iyeo5_1280.jpg

There was a little guest book to sign if you made it up to the top. There was really only one way to sign it :

tumblr_npprgvXTW51tp7iyeo1_1280.jpg

:help: Also ive been noticing that when I'm going up or even on flat ground that is rough or washboard road and I'm on the throttle I'm getting alot of rear axle hop. I'm sure my shocks are blown so ill start there. any other common causes of bad axle hop? it doesnt happen if I'm coasting downhill in a strait line but it does if i turn on the washboard.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to fabricating myself a rear bumper for the ol manche. Went with a tubular design using some old 1 3/4" x 1/8" drill pipe my dad picked up for $0.30 a foot. 2x4x1/8" box channel for the mounts, took the weld on route for mounting. The shackle hangers are made out of some other scrap i can't remember how thick.

Initially didnt have the plate with the holes but after my brother did his bumper and rock sliders i had to.

tumblr_o0ki4v259N1tp7iyeo4_1280.jpgtumblr_o0ki4v259N1tp7iyeo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0ki6h1qoU1tp7iyeo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0ki6h1qoU1tp7iyeo1_1280.jpgtumblr_o0ki6h1qoU1tp7iyeo2_540.jpg

tumblr_o0ki82Y4IH1tp7iyeo1_540.jpg

tumblr_o0ki82Y4IH1tp7iyeo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0ki82Y4IH1tp7iyeo3_540.jpg

Go back to each post, hit edit (lower right corner), remove the old broken pic(s), and put the proper one(s) in.

Can't guarantee it's the exact reason, but occasionally image hosts modify their directory paths a bit, so the url changes. More often than not when that's the case, you can figure out how they changed the url and use the text-based editor (for the post) to change them all directly without having to look up each if the pics.

Go back to each post, hit edit (lower right corner), remove the old broken pic(s), and put the proper one(s) in.

Can't guarantee it's the exact reason, but occasionally image hosts modify their directory paths a bit, so the url changes. More often than not when that's the case, you can figure out how they changed the url and use the text-based editor (for the post) to change them all directly without having to look up each if the pics.

Thanks for the help i replaced the pictures they should be working now.