Chevy Drop Shackles

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You basically have to call them at General Springs and ask to speak with Joe. He knows about the CC discount and can take the order if you decide to buy.

Or just order online and type "comancheclub" in the coupon box. 10% off!

You basically have to call them at General Springs and ask to speak with Joe. He knows about the CC discount and can take the order if you decide to buy.

Or just order online and type "comancheclub" in the coupon box. 10% off!

I know that works for Hell Creek, not sure about general springs.

I have the Hell Creek MT Springs and I like them

251500_2112535253484_431210_n.jpg

It's great to see Hells Creek producing springs again. Last year when I ordered they were in some translation and you couldn't get them at all. That said, I'm happy with the General Springs MTs, they were very easy to deal with and they shipped out same day. Either way, now we have some options if you opt for leaf spring replacements.

• 7 years later...

Reviving an old thread. Bought some General Spring MT leafs for my long bed. I wanted to add the Chevy drop shackles when I swap out my old MT leafs. Do these look like the right ones? From the original pic in this thread they look the same to me other than the different colored bushing. 

D426EDC5-6E64-43F5-A263-4199CF1320CA.png

2 minutes ago, coheed said:

I have the Belltech's on my truck. They fit fine. Got 1.5" over stock but my leafs are very worn out.

Condition of the leaves shouldnt effect shackle lift gains. The springs will be the same worn out springs before and after a shackle change. Easiest way to see what a shackle lift will net is to measure the length of the new shackle. Measure the old shackle. Then subtract the old from new. Divide the results by 2. This will give you real world numbers for a shackle lift.

Example: numbers are made up for example

Factory shackle- 4"eye to eye

New shackle- 6.5" eye to eye

6.5" - 4" = 2.5"

2.5" ÷ 2 = 1.25"

So a 2.5" length difference in shackles will lift the truck 1.25"

Hope this helps someone.

1 minute ago, watchamakalit said:

Condition of the leaves shouldnt effect shackle lift gains. The springs will be the same worn out springs before and after a shackle change. Easiest way to see what a shackle lift will net is to measure the length of the new shackle. Measure the old shackle. Then subtract the old from new. Divide the results by 2. This will give you real world numbers for a shackle lift.

6.5" - 4" = 2.5"

2.5" ÷ 2 = 1.25"

Hope this helps someone.

That's why I said over stock, not over what it was before the shackles.

39 minutes ago, watchamakalit said:

6.5" - 4" = 2.5"

2.5" ÷ 2 = 1.25"

Hope this helps someone.

why /2?

46 minutes ago, watchamakalit said:

6.5" - 4" = 2.5"

2.5" ÷ 2 = 1.25"

Hope this helps someone.

👍

55 minutes ago, coheed said:

I have the Belltech's on my truck. They fit fine. Got 1.5" over stock but my leafs are very worn out.

👍

6 hours ago, Jesse J said:

why /2?

It only changes the distance between the spring and frame on one end. The other end of the spring stays mounted in the same place. Therefore you only gain half the height. Your lengthening one side of a triangle. Not both sides of a rectangle.

• 6 months later...

I did some research on this for my truck, and did some trig to get better numbers. Dividing by 2 is just a good approximation because the frame and spring lengths are similar and much longer than the shackle. I really only did it to check the shackle angles. You would need to know the eye to eye length of the stock Chevy shackles to figure out the lift. I found the Belltech length in a Q&A on Summit's website, so that one depends on how accurate whoever answered the question was.

1046429433_Screenshot2022-02-06112600.jpg.2a94fdda601deb9adc9d7d4a0ec490c0.jpg

• 6 months later...

Hi all,

Sorry to revive an old topic, but I was looking at lift options for the rear of my comanche and found this set of belltech shackles. They say their 13" long. If that is true, and comanche shackles are 8.5" long, does this mean you would gain 2.25" of lift. So far I've only been able to find shackles that will net me 1.5" of lift and I'm looking for around 2". So this seems too good to be true. Does anybody have any actual experience with these and are there any other options for 2" of lift other than add a leafs.

https://www.belltech.com/belltech-2-or-3-quot-drop-leaf-spring-shackle-6401.html

2 hours ago, thousender said:

Hi all,

Sorry to revive an old topic, but I was looking at lift options for the rear of my comanche and found this set of belltech shackles. They say their 13" long. If that is true, and comanche shackles are 8.5" long, does this mean you would gain 2.25" of lift. So far I've only been able to find shackles that will net me 1.5" of lift and I'm looking for around 2". So this seems too good to be true. Does anybody have any actual experience with these and are there any other options for 2" of lift other than add a leafs.

https://www.belltech.com/belltech-2-or-3-quot-drop-leaf-spring-shackle-6401.html

Yeah those would work. Generally an add a leaf is preferred for hauling capacity and less chance of inverted shackle.  

aren't MJ shackles more like 5" long eye to eye? 

are we sure it's the belltech shackle that is 13" long, or is that the size of the box it comes in?  because the width and height of the shackle isn't both 5" but that's what is listed. 

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

aren't MJ shackles more like 5" long eye to eye?

I was measuring the overall length

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

are we sure it's the belltech shackle that is 13" long, or is that the size of the box it comes in?  because the width and height of the shackle isn't both 5" but that's what is listed. 

Thats what I was concerned about. Does anyone know for sure the length or have one they could measure?