The Comanche's New Home....

89eliminator

i don't typically share a lot of my non-jeep related personal life, but I'm just too excited not to share.

i am buying my first house.  closing is the end of june.  been looking for a place for a while and just hadnt found anything, until this place....

1292389ax.jpg

1292389bx.jpg

1292389gx.jpg

1292389mx.jpg

1292389sx.jpg

3 bedroom, 2.5 bath.  built in the 70s, but this house has been completely remodeled within the last 10 years top to bottom.  2 car attached on the north wall, 3.5 attached on the east wall added in 2012.  heated, geothermal floors, completely dry-walled.

Nice!

What do you mean geothermal heated floors? You have hot water circulating through the pipes under the concrete I assume, and it is heated from naturally occurring hot springs, or something else?

Nice!

What do you mean geothermal heated floors? You have hot water circulating through the pipes under the concrete I assume, and it is heated from naturally occurring hot springs, or something else?

my apologies, it is in fact radiant floor heat

floor-heating-01.jpg

Thought so, but wanted to ask.  I do alot of solar work, and didn't think there were any geothermal sources in your area.

We have alot here in West Texas, but too expensive to get it to the surface. The hotter the water, the more HP it takes to bring it up.

Anyways, it's allways nice to have those pipes so at some point you can convert from gas to solar. Solar radiant floor heaters work best with more thermal mass than a stick build home has, thus alot of adobe homes here. 

How did the inspection go?  Need more pictures - particularly of that garage.

As a recent first-time home buyer, I can tell you that the next few weeks can be rather annoying.  I got pretty lucky that the sellers of my house needed to get out...and get out fast...so they made a few concessions on their part which made it easier for me.

inspection went good. only a few things to address. the sellers don't have a place to go yet, and our lease ends in july so it kind of works that the closing date is at the end of june. here are a couple pics of the garage. it was hard to get decent ones cause they had so much stuff inside it. it has vaulted ceilings on the single door side, high enough that a lift could be installed. on the big door side, there is a nice attic storage area with pull down ladder. there are a ton of cabinets that are staying which is also nice. the only thing that i would add to the garage is 220V and an air compressor

• 1 month later...