Where To Mount A Cb In A Mj

When I got my first MJ it had a cb that was attached to the back of the floor console and the mic hung on a metal bracket that stuck through the carpet on the back wall of the cab in the middle. Hope that makes sense, don't have any pics or I would post them.

I feel like I posted in this, but apparently not, haha.

mnkyboy: That center console, where can I get one. If that folds up into a seat, it's brilliant. 

The PO had it set up like that in mine, judging by the wholes in the dash

mnkyboy: That center console, where can I get one. If that folds up into a seat, it's brilliant. 

Is there a write up for that? How are the seats? Are they taller than Xj buckets?

Can't say for certain since it was removed before I got my MJ, but it looks like it was sitting on the transmission hump between my buckets. There's still a clip for the mic on the back of the shifter console, and an antenna cable with very limited reach that comes up through a hole under the driver's seat, as well as an antenna mount on the back of the cab, at the other end of the cable.

The seats are from a 97 Dodge Dakota and yes the console does fold into a seat.

The seats are very comfortable and have adjustable lumbar support, they are pretty close in height to the stock buckets but maybe just a little taller.

There isn't a write up because my truck came to me with some old GM seats attached to wood blocks screwed into the floor so I started with nothing and had to fabricate everything. I think it would be much easier if someone had some brackets to start with.

I have one of those Cobra all in ones. It has not held up well. The coating on the mic cord started to deteriate over time and the mic holder on the back is plastic and will snap off with a little force. But although the plastic parts are falling apart the CB still does it's job.