Comanche Sold At Barrett Jackson! 15,950!

tbunch

Wow, that is a clean truck!

I don't quite understand the Barrett Jackson crowd. They seem to go googly-eyed over a shiny modified vehicle. That MJ would be worth a whole lot more to me, as something special, if it was restored to stock. I view all of the muscle cars that get pushed through the auction the same way. Maybe big and shiny is what it takes for an 80's style pickup to get noticed at Barrett Jackson.

I'm sure the only reason it sold for that much is some high roller collector bought it for his kid, not really knowing what its worth, thinking the whole time that 15 grand is a drop in the bucket. Even though all of us know we could build one like it for a third of the cost. Slap some paint, a lift and big wheels on my rust free MJ and I could have one just like it! don't get your hopes up for all of them to sell for this much, though I'm sure some Idiot car dealers saw that and are thinking they can do the same thing now. We will just stand back and laugh, and watch as the truck goes unsold for years at a time.

16k Is a bunch! I could put 1 tons, 35's, new paint job, 4.7 stroker, new tranny, and a long arm lift for less than that....

but I don't think anybody ib here would deny that, that is ONE CLEAN MJ!

You could probably do all that for 16k if it was just 60's out of an old ford, and used tires and wheels and a base stroker.

Real 60's (like prorocks or rockjocks are about 12-15k by themselves) 1500 for a good longarm, 3000-4500 for good beadlocks and tires, A real built stroker is 5k easy. Paint...well 3k would get some body work and probably a couple runs. 5k+ for a good one. And this is assuming you do all instals and builds yourself.

It is amazing how fast your reciepts add up if you ever get the chance to really do a build on a rig. I'll bet if you ask anyone on here with super clean, or super built (60's/stroker/etc.) you would be blown away with what they have into there rigs. If they even know, most don't add up reciepts on purpose.

Wow, that is a clean truck!

I don't quite understand the Barrett Jackson crowd. They seem to go googly-eyed over a shiny modified vehicle. That MJ would be worth a whole lot more to me, as something special, if it was restored to stock. I view all of the muscle cars that get pushed through the auction the same way. Maybe big and shiny is what it takes for an 80's style pickup to get noticed at Barrett Jackson.

I agree, I have seen some of the biggest piles go up on Barrett before. Huge lift/ tires on stock suspension with double shocks and stuff. all chromed out and sells for 10's of thousands and its just a cj or something. They had a JK with all bolt on crap and 40's on the stock axles go for close to 60k last year!! ugh.

You could probably do all that for 16k if it was just 60's out of an old ford, and used tires and wheels and a base stroker.

Real 60's (like prorocks or rockjocks are about 12-15k by themselves) 1500 for a good longarm, 3000-4500 for good beadlocks and tires, A real built stroker is 5k easy. Paint...well 3k would get some body work and probably a couple runs. 5k+ for a good one. And this is assuming you do all instals and builds yourself.

It is amazing how fast your reciepts add up if you ever get the chance to really do a build on a rig. I'll bet if you ask anyone on here with super clean, or super built (60's/stroker/etc.) you would be blown away with what they have into there rigs. If they even know, most don't add up reciepts on purpose.

i quit adding my receipts after they got passed $8000. and that was a few years ago..

I used to work at a classic car lot before the credit crisis. Whenever we got a new car in, and it had a folder of receipts, we added them up. The total amount was almost always staggering! But never matched up to what we paid for it, or was asking it for. Putting money in any rig to make it nice, or just the way you want is just a labor of love. Excpecially on these little niche market Jeeps that we love so much!!