What Did You Get?

Pete M

Perfect Tortilla pan set, pet hair roller, gift cards, bit 'o cash, fold up shovel for the back of the Cherokee, belt that uses a belt buckle so I can wear my Renault belt buckle, and my personal favorites... Stuff for JY picking. A black condor tactical bag with all sorts of pockets, dividers, and such - A mil spec flashlight that can stand on its own - A bunch of carabiners for hanging parts and stuff off the bag as I walk - Awesome.

15918_467016476669178_1262306074_n.jpg

321287_467016543335838_1642863413_n.jpg

74929_467016626669163_1327185275_n.jpg

Now I can ditch the ammo can with a serpintine belt I use for a shoulder strap... A bit uncomfortable at times.

Rob

Maybe a little overkill on the cigar cutter, but I'm diggin the humidor!

Its a Gurkha 20 churchill set with a pretty decent full tang knife and leg holster (not pictured). Nice set and the smoke is mild but very nice. They're at least a 45 min - 1hr cigar.

Perfect Tortilla pan set, pet hair roller, gift cards, bit 'o cash, fold up shovel for the back of the Cherokee, belt that uses a belt buckle so I can wear my Renault belt buckle, and my personal favorites... Stuff for JY picking. A black condor tactical bag with all sorts of pockets, dividers, and such - A mil spec flashlight that can stand on its own - A bunch of carabiners for hanging parts and stuff off the bag as I walk - Awesome.

15918_467016476669178_1262306074_n.jpg

321287_467016543335838_1642863413_n.jpg

74929_467016626669163_1327185275_n.jpg

Now I can ditch the ammo can with a serpintine belt I use for a shoulder strap... A bit uncomfortable at times.

Rob

Nice bag, I mean that. I'd use it for a day pack or a daily carry medi-pak.

Just got it. A bill for $269 where she bought herself a dishwasher.

You got off cheap.

Nice bag, I mean that. I'd use it for a day pack or a daily carry medi-pak.

It seems to be what most people use them for, or a range bag. I've been looking for a surplus shoulder bag or something of the sort for some time, but nothing spoke to me. I saw this on the shelf of the local surplus store in the bag section and was sold. The ammo can I use works, but the serp belt strap is cumbersome, all the small tools fall to the bottom, and it's dayem uncomfortable if I have to strap up and walk loaded down with parts and that over my shoulder, corner of the can jabbing me in the side and the belt cutting off all blood flow to the side of my head via my neck. Hopefully, I can keep sockets/small stuff in all the pockets, and then use the middle for the big stuff. A zipping top is sweet too, so I don't lose anything. I can't wait to christen it. The cross patch on the patch velcro is sort of an homage to my current can, which has a red electrical tape cross on it from the AMC nut I bought it from.

Wow, that was wordy.

Rob

Christmas past

For 44 years I was married to the most wonderful woman . She would do anything for me and always took care of me. I was always spilling my coffee and getting my pants wet as well as messinig up the truck seat and floor. For Christmas 1976 she got me one of them plastic things that fit over the transmission hump of the truck. Had places for 2 coffee cups, tape holder and several other spaces. I unwrapped it and looked. Conversation went something like this.

"Gee Hon. That's nice. What's it for?"

"You put it on the floor of your truck and it holds your coffee cup"

"I put it on the trans hump?"

"Yes. Isn't it neat"

"Um,,yes dear it is. Ah hon. What am I driving?"

"A Chevy, truck."

"Uh huh. And what kind of a transmission does it have?"

"A truck transmission. 4 speed."

"Uh huh. And what is that long metal rod sticking up out of the middle of the floor?"

A long silent pause.

I no longer have the truck, or the wife but I still got that tray holder.

I got a vw key clip for my belt, looks like a mini seat belt buckle, a multi-tool, t-shirt, nice new wallet made out of firehose canvas, and some money.

I've been wanting that double drive ratchet, I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger and get one by the end of the month along with the jcr rear bumper kit so I can put a pintle hitch on the truck and have some darned ol' tow shackles.

I was dragged into the 20th century with a new MP3 player setup from the inlaws. A few new harley shirts, a pair of Levis, some Amazon gift cards..... thats about it. Bought the wife tickets to see Bill Cosby in concert in February.

I'm curious to see how the Kobalt double drive wratchet works. I have had a bad experience with Kobalt 3/8" wratchet. Bought the 3/8 and 1/4 wratchets, and the 3/8 broke the first time I used it. Went through 5 of them that way before they refused to exchange it again. Gave me a phone number to call about it. It told me to leave a message and I would be contacted in 24-48 hours..... no one ever called. I finally found the receipt, took it back, asked for a manager, and got a gift card for full purchase price. So I'm a little leary.

With my short experience with it, the Idea and concept is great but it leaves alot to be desired....The twist motion is only effective if the bolt/nut is pretty much finger loose and the teeth inside don't take much abuse before they begin skipping. I bought myself 1 a few months ago outta curiosity...

I got a few nice Craftsman tools from the Woman and the parentals