want to own an SCCA Comanche?

Pete M

That would be an awesome truck to get. I can't think of a better home for it. Rob, I don't think there's going to be any problem finding missing parts, between you and a few other mj wizards on cc, it may be easy to take care of. Anyway, it sounds like you may have extra parts to sell that may be hard to find for someone else. If you aren't going to restore it to race can't you sell the race engine? Now not having a place to put it may be the hardest thing to deal with. Good luck and I say go for it!

Buck.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's my decision but I'd like some outside the family advice.

Chris

Of course I'm going to try and lean you towards purchasing the truck. On the other hand if you don't, there has been plenty of communication that we can probably send along some contact information to the new owner... if it sells, anyway. I think just knowing where it is, who has it, and that it's in a safe place is well enough for me.

Whats' worse? To get something and then find out you didn't really want it? Or don't get it and then wish you had? If you've got it and don't want it, you can always sell it. If you didn't get it and then want it, tough. There isn't another one around. soapbox.gif

I know it's my decision but I'd like some outside the family advice.

Chris

You have been here more than 10 minutes...

You are twisting up about by a 25 year old project truck.. to a group of people who do the same thing...

You live in what amounts to a museum exhibit to the Comanche...

You are seriously considering dropping a bucket of cash, making a cross country rescue mission and diving into an absorbing experience on a truck you have never touched...

Sorry to tell you this... you are part of this family... There is no outside advice...

I searched and couldn't find it. Usually when I went to EBay the ad was right there. Anyway EBay doesn't know what they're doing. I just got a email from them. Getting all excited thinking I had won. HA! They wanted me to raise my bid because I had been outbid. I followed there link and found the ad. Only one bid. Mine. They want me to bid against myself. :shake:

Is it possible to block a puter from a site? I went to EBay and the ad wasn't there/ Went to searc and typed in '89MJ. Search returned nothing. Used the Link Pete sent and went right to it. Something fishy here.

You have been here more than 10 minutes...

You are twisting up about by a 25 year old project truck.. to a group of people who do the same thing...

You live in what amounts to a museum exhibit to the Comanche...

You are seriously considering dropping a bucket of cash, making a cross country rescue mission and diving into an absorbing experience on a truck you have never touched...

Sorry to tell you this... you are part of this family... There is no outside advice...

bummer. too big to put in my sig. :rotf:

I don't see any bidding war erupting on this guy. Predict it'll be back, maybe listed a bit more skillfully, hopefully.........

Be that as it may, it's in my best interest not to have an ebay account. Saves me from myself on tons of stuff.

Guess I'll delete my cc account since I'm not as passionate about Comanches as I thought. Later

It's hard to take this serious with you laughing 5 feet away from me.

We might not have gotten you now, but we'll get ya. Oh, we'll get ya.

Rob :fs2: