Alexia's 1987 To 1997 Comanche

Haha, start it and rev to 4500 immediatly...rough.

I really like the chrome grill. I keep wanting to do a flat charcoal metallic wrap on mine and do a chrome grill.

Like the '13 JK wheels too!

Gonna be nice!

EDIT...how and were did you get a 000000 speedo? More specific can you actually get in it and set the exact milage? I really want to have exact milage on mine as to equal restoration/4.7 install.

The engine had been running ten minutes prior to this. Notice the 210F on the temperature gauge. :) I shut off the engine then remembered that I should shoot a video or something.

I figured out how to reprogram the gauge clusters. I actually have four spare gauge clusters sitting here to sell eventually.

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1098819

I JUST DROVE IT DOWN THE STREET! YESH! I can not stop screaming I am SO HAPPY!

One minor issue! The transmission shifter cable debonded from the grommet in the firewall so the cable is just sliding around instead of actually shifting. This happened RIGHT as I went to drive it. > :( Going to have to cleverly clamp it inside the cab to keep it from moving.

Genright's Jeep fuel cell unit. Accepts many Jeep fuel pump assemblies and other compatible Chrysler units from 1997-2012.

gallery_1_12_267926.jpg

gallery_1_12_55548.jpg

gallery_1_12_4754.jpg

gallery_1_12_75826.jpg

OK, I'll buy one from you if you can program it to the milage I want. What ya think? I'll just have you program it a little over and then when I hit the milage install it! PM me.

Haha, start it and rev to 4500 immediatly...rough.
I really like the chrome grill. I keep wanting to do a flat charcoal metallic wrap on mine and do a chrome grill.
Like the '13 JK wheels too!
Gonna be nice!

EDIT...how and were did you get a 000000 speedo? More specific can you actually get in it and set the exact milage? I really want to have exact milage on mine as to equal restoration/4.7 install.

The engine had been running ten minutes prior to this. Notice the 210F on the temperature gauge. :) I shut off the engine then remembered that I should shoot a video or something.

I figured out how to reprogram the gauge clusters. I actually have four spare gauge clusters sitting here to sell eventually.
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1098819

haha, wow. Assuming is so bad. Alexia and sig. picture of cartoon girl had me thinking girl. MY BAD. No offense meant.

Yes Alexia or Alex is a man. haha

Alexia is a good dude, he knows his stuff and will always help out! I have to say I also assumed the same thing..and then when I was reading his build thread I was like "Dahell?? Whelp that's what I get for assuming. I should know not to do that by now.."

I painted and installed the front bumper. Uh, that is about it! I added another 1.5 quarts of ATF+4 to the transmission since it took two trips up and down the street to get it fully circulated and drop the level down below the "OK" mark.

gallery_1_12_246250.jpg

I had some insane spring wrap on braking that was causing the pinion yoke straps to hit the overly sized aluminum yoke on the drive shaft. I installed leaf spring clamps on the front of the overload leafs and that solved the issue as well as reducing the variance in the pinion angle.

gallery_1_12_192360.jpg

I know your pumped Alex. This is great motivation.

As I promised when I bought the MJ from you I will bring it back for a visit. Just let me know when!

Sweet! To lazy to go back and re-read.... What's the paint plans?

Either the original Grenadine Red done professionally or matte color done myself. Doing it myself in matte is about 10% of the cost which is what I am leaning towards. I already spent about $15,000 on this project.

I had some insane spring wrap on braking that was causing the pinion yoke straps to hit the overly sized aluminum yoke on the drive shaft. I installed leaf spring clamps on the front of the overload leafs and that solved the issue as well as reducing the variance in the pinion angle.

Got a pic of your pinion yoke setup Alex? Nice video too.  :cheers:

hornbrod, on 27 May 2013 - 10:59, said:

Alexia, on 27 May 2013 - 07:31, said:

Got a pic of your pinion yoke setup Alex? Nice video too. :cheers:

It is really easy to see where the straps were smacking into the yoke on the drive shaft. Those yoke ears are big!

gallery_1_12_69338.jpg

gallery_1_12_210681.jpg