Alexia's 1987 To 1997 Comanche

decent,

keep it up

noticing you don't have any putty glaze in the pics, youll need that to blend the bondo

can't wait to see more

There is no filler applied yet and I definitely will not be using Bondo. Rage Xtreme in generally does not require a glazing putty since if it is applied correctly it should not get pin holes.

Cool,  will be interesting to see!  I think you might have a thing for green Jeeps just FYI......          :laughin:

My Comanche shirts are green. My bedroom walls are painted a dark hunter green...

I think Alex might be a frustrated tank pilot.  :clapping:

I... I don't know what this means!

I'm really interested to see how the flat paint holds up to dirt, grim, and washing. Just curious if using a quality flat like this deal with the issue of it looking uneven after time. Keep up the good work!

It actually has a near satin finish to it. Care basically consists of washing with microfiber cotton towels wrapped over sponges making sure to rinse more often. Removing bugs requires patience by spraying with a tar removal spray, letting it sit, and then gently wiping it away.

Das Mule used the same paint on his van.

1696453.jpg?840

The rage extreme is bondo, and the glaze isnt just for pinholes,

You sand the "body filler" with 80 grit that is way to coarse for high bild primer/sealer/paint

The putty glaze blends and fills the scratches, and is able to fi.ish in a much finer grit, reducing the ammount of times it needs to be high builded and sanded, and is also allows the bondo to flex with the metal more,

Just a tip dude, I like your progress so far But seriously keep it up

Zack, on 15 Sept 2013 - 11:59, said:

Looks great man! :bowdown: I see you got the bed off hopefully that means paint pictures here soon! :drool:

I am delaying a week to start spraying, but everything is taped off. I am having an air delivery issue at the spray gun and a new pressure regulator is on the way. The primer on the hood came out splotchy from poor atomization.

Looks great man! :bowdown: I see you got the bed off hopefully that means paint pictures here soon! :drool:

I am delaying a week to start spraying, but everything is taped off. I am having an air delivery issue at the spray gun and a new pressure regulator is on the way. The primer on the hood came out splotchy from poor atomization.

Ah I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad youre getting it fixed! It'd be a shame to have all of that great work done and then have an eh paint job

Ah I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad youre getting it fixed! It'd be a shame to have all of that great work done and then have an eh paint job

Yep, the hood was the test essentially. I put a small air water separate on the bottom of the gun. However, it seems the separator significantly drops the pressure. I have a large regulator at the tank, but this separator is making it difficult to judge by how much. I am going to get around it by setting the tank regulator at 100 PSI, through the hose, water separator, and then into a small regulator set to 29 PSI at the gun. The should fix the drop I am seeing and allow the separator to work properly.

I have been slow working on this. The next two weeks are perfect for painting though with temperatures around 75ºF during the day and evenings.

Flaw Marking - Hashes, need to hard sand away chips/pits. Not shown, slash mark, apply body filler following the mark.

gallery_1_12_216507.jpg

Huh, lacquer thinner should not remove factory paint that easily.

gallery_1_12_163522.jpg

Whoops, apparently paint was blended into this door during a repair and poorly cured acrylic paint was used. That is the VIN sticker. I spent an hour or so extra just cleaning up this paint mess.

gallery_1_12_87493.jpg

Hood, now in proper primer!

gallery_1_12_88799.jpg

This is my door tree where I grow Cherokee doors. The red color showing means they are starting to ripen.

gallery_1_12_35676.jpg

:drool:   more pictures!

Nice,  Soon those doors will be ready to pick!  Primer looks good to!

Greenify It !!!

lookin good :thumbsup:

Looking good. Can't wait to see the finished product.

I am working on it, really. I am just lazy. This week is perfect for painting after work too.