Alexia's 1987 To 1997 Comanche

TCP Global mispacked the color kit and only sent a pint of reducer instead of a quart. They are sending out a quart this week. Everything was ready to spray color today. :/

Might be good to wait a bit. The humidity is pretty up there today, like 75%. Rain coming too........

TCP Global mispacked the color kit and only sent a pint of reducer instead of a quart. They are sending out a quart this week. Everything was ready to spray color today. :/

Might be good to wait a bit. The humidity is pretty up there today, like 75%. Rain coming too........

3PM was looking like a good time. 50% range of humidity and a minimal chance of rain. I might go ahead use the pint I have to paint the cowl cover. I can not sand the primer smooth in fear of scraping through to the plastic. So, paint two wet coats of color, sand that smooth, and then paint it with one wet coat with the rest of the body.

knever3, on 16 Oct 2013 - 00:47, said:

Great work, nice to see you are doing the entire project yourself, it helps to have a rust free sample!!

I have spent the past week grinding out rust and applying filler on the bed. Curse you! :P

O-Gauge Steamer over on NAXJA let everyone know that Sprintex is wholesaling the remaining prototype XJ kits. I ordered one and it is on the way. This means I can install a professional setup and keep air conditioning.

Safelite came to install a new windshield today. I ended going with the rubber trim due to the condition of the chrome trim.

gallery_1_12_182184.jpg

gallery_1_12_2167.jpg

This is the last of the paint. I can put all the tools away and forget about it! This paint coverage is better than factory with 100% color everywhere an owner would normally look. Instead of primer still visible in some spots like around the fuel filler door.

gallery_1_12_152173.jpg

gallery_1_12_84592.jpg

gallery_1_12_189127.jpg

gallery_1_12_109217.jpg

gallery_1_12_1467.jpg

Lets ignore the blob of filler under the second E. After spending six hours of this tail gate, with it being the best of two, it was time to just paint it.

gallery_1_12_169262.jpg

Oh lala! Paint looks awesome!

Thanks! :D

Shazam! :bowdown: Perfect stance, wheel selection, and the color is amazing. Your photography skills  accentuate your creation. Welding rod fasteners?

Photography is my other currently on hold hobby. Just need a new lens... Ohhh shiny Jeep part! *Buy now*

Welding rod fasteners? Do you mean the zip ties? Fender flares are in the process of being painted. I also have to drill out all the studs on the rear flare retainers since every bolt broke.