Alexia's 1987 To 1997 Comanche

Stock crank pulley is 6 3/8" at the belt for figuring ratios.

Love my Brown Dogs motor mounts.  No movement and locates the engine perfectly.

Gibson headers fit the Sprintex manifold, I used SS ceramic coating is best.  Stock '98 style will fit, not '00+ with the dual pipes.

All the little things really do add up $$.

I haven't been on here much, But this thing still ain't boosted? 

Also I wouldn't really worry about the the max speed of the supercharger, Because with the stroker of yours I highly doubt your going to keep making power pass 5K RPM's as the supercharger will probably be out of steam and the motor it self probably won't keep flowing past 5K RPM, plus it would be better to shift early to get back into your powerband. 

Also I wouldn't really worry about the the max speed of the supercharger, Because with the stroker of yours I highly doubt your going to keep making power pass 5K RPM's as the supercharger will probably be out of steam and the motor it self probably won't keep flowing past 5K RPM, plus it would be better to shift early to get back into your powerband.

Based on the data logging and information I calculated putting a 56mm pulley on the supercharger would settle it nicely in that lower power band. I plan on installing and tuning for the stock 58mm pulley first.

I spend a bunch of time calculating before I do things since I prefer to figure out things on my own then just trust what I find on the internet. I was in the garage earlier measuring for what exhaust bends I need to order. Assuming all goes well I will be tearing it apart over the next month.

Built a bus bar from a door shim since the only post was crowded.(Cover not shown.)

gallery_1_12_125808.jpg

Cleaned up all the other wiring and fix some wire loom issues. An unfortunate meeting of many accessory wiring harnesses.

gallery_1_12_79675.jpg

The new headlight wiring harness, weatherproof relays, and connections. It is entirely built into the stock harness and is conservatively rated to handle 100 watts per bulb.

gallery_1_12_304241.jpg

Power routing over top of the fans.

gallery_1_12_191023.jpg

Low Beams - 55 watt - Impressively bright.

gallery_1_12_216557.jpg

High Beams - 60 watt - Everything is visible when driving with these on.

gallery_1_12_112364.jpg

Based on the data logging and information I calculated putting a 56mm pulley on the supercharger would settle it nicely in that lower power band. I plan on installing and tuning for the stock 58mm pulley first.

I spend a bunch of time calculating before I do things since I prefer to figure out things on my own then just trust what I find on the internet. I was in the garage earlier measuring for what exhaust bends I need to order. Assuming all goes well I will be tearing it apart over the next month.

I am very interested in how much boost the Sprintex makes with the 58mm pulley on a 4.6L stroker.  A lot will depend on the head, valves, porting and cam.  The Sprintex intake manifold will not be a restriction like a stock 4.0 intake.

Secksi.

Did you paint it or did it come that way?

I painted it with Rust-Oleum Universal Red engine enamel. That is actually a replacement I picked up from the junk yard on Friday since I discovered the one I removed was rusting on the inside and clogging the injectors.

• 1 month later...

The exhaust still needs an intermediate pipe from the header past the transfer case. Now that the header is done I can work on that and finishing all the other little pieces.

Header paint does a great job of hiding hideous welds.

gallery_1_12_252788.jpg

Fiberglass header wrap; only need on the first six inches or so to get the heat away from the intake manifold.

gallery_1_12_13092.jpg

Intake Manifold Installed

gallery_1_12_133222.jpg

New Belt and Tensioner Setup

gallery_1_12_284148.jpg

Supercharger Hung

gallery_1_12_164470.jpg

Linkages, Fuel Line, and Power Steering Feed Line - It all runs neatly between the intake manifold and supercharger.

gallery_1_12_204973.jpg

Getting creative with the vacuum ports and right angle brass fittings.

gallery_1_12_41200.jpg

A very nice 68mm throttle body from Painless Performance.

gallery_1_12_172340.jpg

Ah, okay. That explains the OBD2 MAP sensor. You are getting pretty close to lighting that engine off it looks like.  :cheers:

Left on the list:

• Longer MAP hose for the AEM F/IC
  • 3/8" power steering return hose
  • Fabricate intermediate pipe from header to catalytic converter.
  • Figure out air box.(Silicon pieces I bought are not fitting 100%.)

A very nice 68mm throttle body from Painless Performance.

gallery_1_12_172340.jpg

The Painless 68mm TB looks very similiar to the F+B TB, might even be the same.  The problem with them in this application is that they are too tall.  You can cut the TB side of a 90* coupler shorter but it will still have a clearance issue.  The 2 rings on the TB are not really necessary.  You can cut off the upper ring and shorten the height of the TB to pick up some clearance.  Could probably even cut off both rings and and shorten the TB height for even more clearance.