Alexia's 1987 To 1997 Comanche

The majority of the exhaust is finished. Exhaust work is entirely new to me and since it requires welding I made a bunch of snot on some of the connections. I need to finish the intermediate pipe and the tail pipe. The bends over the axle are done, but I ran out of pipe. I used Euro-Joint style connectors at the header, before the catalytic converter, and after the muffler. There is enough play in the joints to fine tune the position to keep it from rattling in the small space between the crossmember and floor pan.

6" Round Magnaflow Muffler and Magaflow universal 3" catalytic converter

gallery_1_12_250925.jpg

Back Side of the Intermediate Pipe

gallery_1_12_252074.jpg

Unfinished Intermediate Pipe and a Bit of Header - The header does come down a bit further than stock, but is necessary to keep the larger diameter from hitting the transmission and cooler lines.

gallery_1_12_636.jpg

Cool! It's alive! Have you run it long enough to go to closed loop yet?

Nope. I need to do more offline tuning and fix a couple things. The internal MAP sensor on the F/IC is reading irregularly which I believe is due to the vacuum tube provided with the kit not sealing properly. I put a clamp around it to tighten it up, but it still pulls off easily.

I also want to push it outside to stop smoking up the house. >_> <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Was that video a cold start? From what I saw looked like it was in closed loop.

I do not quite remember if it was, but the engine had been warming up a while by that point.

I just came up from working on the air intake and diagnosing some wiring issues.

AEM UEGO Gauge in Center Console

gallery_1_12_89800.jpg

Finished Intermediary Pipe

gallery_1_12_18729.jpg

Such a Freaking Mess

gallery_1_12_30635.jpg

Finished Intake Tube

gallery_1_12_161376.jpg

Intake Tube Support

gallery_1_12_174698.jpg

Supercharger Finished

gallery_1_12_212197.jpg

Space for THINGS(Like a Methanol/Water Tank!)

gallery_1_12_134821.jpg

gallery_1_12_139869.jpg

gallery_1_12_73746.jpg

When did you mount the washer tank inside the fender? Looks great.

When I did the 1997+ conversion.

Maybe I missed it in the other thread, did the "cobra" intake plenum clear the hood in the end?

It only clears if it is pointing back towards the cowl.

• 2 weeks later...

great build.

I have a few fuel system questions. What AN adapter did you use to connect to the fuel rail?

How did you connect the braided hose to the factory hardline? 

is that -6 hose? 

Are you concerned about pump life / stress with no return line?

Thanks 

great build.

I have a few fuel system questions. What AN adapter did you use to connect to the fuel rail?

How did you connect the braided hose to the factory hardline? 

is that -6 hose? 

Are you concerned about pump life / stress with no return line?

Thanks

I used these at the fuel rail and other hard line fittings: Russell by Edelbrock 640863 -6 AN Male to 5/16" SAE Quick-Disconnect Female Push-On EFI Fitting

In the case of a damaged factory hard line that previously had a push on fitting I put on a hard line adapter: Earl's 165056 Aluminum 3-Piece Tubing Adapter

I use a Dodge Dakota fuel pump that has a 3/8" outlet so I had to use one of these there: Russell by Edelbrock 640853 -6 AN Male to 3/8" SAE Quick-Disconnect Female Push-On EFI Fitting

Yes, -6 AN hose.

Returnless system is stock for I believe for 1996+ Jeeps. There is a regulator on top of the fuel pump assembly. I never had a problem with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever try to install the RE9905 control arm reinforcement kit? I'll be installing the drop this week on my MJ, debating if l need their extra bracket or if we should test my welding skills.  Thanks A, always like seeing your updates.

Sorry for the late reply. I have not tried yet, but I noted that I would need to notch the MJ's extra reinforcement bracket to make the XJ brackets fit.

What gear for the AW4 did you use on the dyno? Happy with the results?

1-2 range - The goal was not to test horsepower, but for tuning. I am going to build an AW4 with a shift rail, modified valve body, and better clutches. This one has no life left in it.

• 5 months later...