Alexia's 1987 To 1997 Comanche

I think this will be the first time I'd ever seen AEM gauges in a Jeep = Pure Awesomeness :rock on: Now you just need the matching boost gauge. ;)

Yep, that will come when I start working on the supercharger deal!

• 2 weeks later...

Looking great! However is your trackbar mounted upside down?

Nope!

I just received the rear axle back from the offroad shop one week after they said it would be ready. They only started working on it TODAY which means I have not been able to work on anything in the rear FOR A WEEK! The deadline is Sunday.

The perches are 42" perfect and 5.25" from the flanges. They were welded ten degrees instead of eight degrees like I told them. Which means it is two degrees extra upwards. This would be fine if this was downwards due to spring wrap, but this may end up causing vibrations.

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates ? I know you have to be close to finishing this project.

Number one rule of any rebuild. NEVER EVER EVER EVER throw ANYTHING away!(Yep, I blew it.) I am sitting here with each rear brake half assembled since I am missing the wheel cylinder push rods and a couple springs. Neither of which parts can seem to be bought aftermarket.

About to go out to the garage and dig through my giant metal recycling bin with some heavy duty gloves to see if I can find those tiny parts in there.

If you can't find any, let me know. I have a box of assorted brake parts. I have literally a lifetime supply. Many are NOS. Came from a dealership stock that I bought years ago. All sorts of different sizes and such, so i'd have to have measurements to find one that fits.

If you can't find any, let me know. I have a box of assorted brake parts. I have literally a lifetime supply. Many are NOS. Came from a dealership stock that I bought years ago. All sorts of different sizes and such, so i'd have to have measurements to find one that fits.

Thanks! I actually put an order in with Quadratec for them. Advance Auto's web site claims to have them, but they can not find them on the shelves.

These are the rims, but in silver, that are on my CAMPER....

Actually, in black they don't look that bad.

So, I have been working on a few tasks and thinking about the final looks of the Jeep.

I really like the bullet hole style rims. I have considered ditching the JK rims with street tires I picked up and getting this set instead.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/92609_220X_P5_PG.htm

174627-lg.jpg

Hello,  I'm trying to determine what I'm going to need to mount a 4.0 Radiator and Condenser (what brackets etc).  Do you have any pictures of what you did you could post? I hear the Cherro radiator is much wider than what I started with (2.5L radiator).  I'm guessing based on where your fans are mounted the new radiator goes inside the front clip rather than behind it.  Anyone got pics? 

Back to the JK wheels or you got something else up your sleeve?

I am back to JK wheels, not the JK wheels. :D

Hello,  I'm trying to determine what I'm going to need to mount a 4.0 Radiator and Condenser (what brackets etc).  Do you have any pictures of what you did you could post? I hear the Cherro radiator is much wider than what I started with (2.5L radiator).  I'm guessing based on where your fans are mounted the new radiator goes inside the front clip rather than behind it.  Anyone got pics?

Your Comanche should already have all the mounting equipment. The bottom of the radiator has two pins that slip into the front cross member. There are supposed to be two rubber isolators that go around those pins.

The top of the radiator uses two of these isolators which slip into holes in the radiator support brace.

Rear Axle Installed (As of last week.)

gallery_1_12_15745.jpg

gallery_1_12_210955.jpg

Rubicon Express Extended Bump Stops

gallery_1_12_208019.jpg

Spidertrax 5x4.5 to 5x5 Wheel Adapters

gallery_1_12_242737.jpg

Then... THE WHEELS!

gallery_1_12_147748.jpg

I think this seals the deal for wanting to do matte black paint with these wheels.

gallery_1_12_67681.jpg

Nice to have a rolling truck again I bet....

Looking good!

Yep! It even tried to roll into the garage door!

0° Rake

gallery_1_12_181126.jpg

Installed the drive shaft I bought from Zebvance. I only replaced one bad u-joint. Thanks again for the great deal!

gallery_1_12_71278.jpg

Riddler D44 Differential Cover - No fancy paint, just black.

gallery_1_12_3026.jpg

Ha! I did the same thing when I was putting mine back together. The lower half walked off on me. It took me weeks to find one in a junk yard and then I found the original in a pile with the fender liners the next day.

Ha! I did the same thing when I was putting mine back together. The lower half walked off on me. It took me weeks to find one in a junk yard and then I found the original in a pile with the fender liners the next day.

I found it! I decided to clean up since I was blocked on that. So I started digging all the trash out of the bed, made a few bags, moved the trash can, JACK POT! I had tossed it in the bed instead of in the house since it was covered in dirty grease.

Looking Good ! Two questions:

I see your using the stock gas tank.  Did you transfer the 97 fuel pump into the tank?

I'm thinking of using the Cherokee tank, but then I'd have to put my spare in the bed.....

Also, Are you using the stock Comanche rear springs and you just went Spring Over on the new axle?  Or different springs?

Looking Good ! Two questions:

I see your using the stock gas tank.  Did you transfer the 97 fuel pump into the tank?

I'm thinking of using the Cherokee tank, but then I'd have to put my spare in the bed.....

Also, Are you using the stock Comanche rear springs and you just went Spring Over on the new axle?  Or different springs?

I am not using the stock tank! If you look carefully below the stock tank is the block 1997 XJ gas tank sitting on the floor. I have it hooked in with a hose for engine testing. I do plan to mount the XJ gas tank in the spare location since the larger spare tire will not fit nicely back there anyway.

Yes, stock rear 2WD springs with spring over axle.