Alexia's 1987 To 1997 Comanche

You have done some awesome work! I am jealous of yours and others skills. Can't wait to see it back together, the engine sounds great!

Buck.

Thanks, everything I learned I have either figured out or had people who have done it before post it on a forum like this for others to see. :D Always returning the knowledge!

• 3 weeks later...

update its been a while?

He blew the motor on break-in and sold the rest as scrap

I hope not, you got a sweet build going on!

Second week of January, horrible sickness with bronchitis. Two weeks later, still have the horrible cough and pretty much any odd ball bending over that bends my chest area sends me into a horrible coughing fit. Before that I did get the rear axle pulled and set the D44 under there. The new u-bolts arrived and I lazilly installed a couple before having to cough away. Half of last week was flying to PA trying to visit my father's side grandmother one last time. It was a funeral by the time I arrived less than 24 hours later. :/ At least I got to revisit my mother's side grandmother a couple times. That is 3/4 grandparents within six months. ._.

Damn.. rough times with the grandparents. my condolences.

What oil are you using for break in? I may have missed it if you listed it. I just went through your thread quick and am diggin all the work you did. Very nice man. :)

Valvoline VV205 VR1 Racing Formula SAE 10W-30 Turbo Approved Motor Oil

Plenty of ZDDP content and cheaper than the break in oils that go overboard on ZDDP.

Alex-

Just looking through this thread. The '97+ conversion is in my future...far but in my future. What caught my eye was the Euramtec B pillar lights. Are those the A-7180 lights here:

http://www.euramtec.com/parts/c/c01/7180.html

if not, do you recall the model? I had no idea there might be improved and new lights

Alex-

Just looking through this thread. The '97+ conversion is in my future...far but in my future. What caught my eye was the Euramtec B pillar lights. Are those the A-7180 lights here:

http://www.euramtec.com/parts/c/c01/7180.html

if not, do you recall the model? I had no idea there might be improved and new lights

That would be the correct model number.

I like the black bullet holes. If I had to choose another wheel it would be these. 31's though?

They can be ordered in 31" or 33". The mud tire version can be ordered in 35" as well. I am looking for a 10.5" wide tire since that is much easier to fit than a 12.5" wide tire. Though with the Pro Comp 7069 rims the backspacing for the set is 3.75". That almost makes up for the estimated 3" of extra wheel well clearance needed.

I showed these to my fabulous roommate and he said they would look great. I think I am going to make this happen. I just need to sell the JK set of wheels first.(That or keep them for the JK in the future.)

These are the tires we put on Nathans XJ. I have been very impressed with these and the Procomp Extreme Muds on bucky. His are 31's mine are 33's. For a good aggressive offroad tire in almost any weather, they are by far the quietest on the highway I have ever had. Two thumbs up (mine and Nate's). Your truck is awsome and the quality of your work and build has been a great inspiration.

These are the tires we put on Nathans XJ. I have been very impressed with these and the Procomp Extreme Muds on bucky. His are 31's mine are 33's. For a good aggressive offroad tire in almost any weather, they are by far the quietest on the highway I have ever had. Two thumbs up (mine and Nate's). Your truck is awsome and the quality of your work and build has been a great inspiration.

I am putting them in my plans for after the one year deadline for the project. I have about the same cost as those tires and rims left in items to get it driveable. I also realized last night I only have 28 days left to meet the 2012-03-03 dead line!

Iron Rock Offroad Track Bar and all new steering linkage.

gallery_1_12_66486.jpg

gallery_1_12_78923.jpg

gallery_1_12_102776.jpg

Tidied up the electric fan wiring and used 3M Duralock plastic velcro to hold the relays in place. I opted for velcro so that if I ever need to get at the relays I do not need to remove the battery to unscrew them.

gallery_1_12_121004.jpg

Working on the interior body harness. Most of the wires will be eliminated.

gallery_1_12_40117.jpg

Seats I picked out for $100 from a 2004 Jeep Wrangler. The bottom of the seats are nearly covered in metal braces that makes it easy to drill holes for mounting the MJ bucket brackets.

med_gallery_1_12_25965.jpg

I like those seats. How much headroom are you going to have? They look tall.

Using the MJ bucket brackets I might sit about one inch higher. However, the foam in those seats are worn down to the frame so it may be the same as originally stock.

Elimination!

gallery_1_12_147905.jpg

I prefer heat shrink splices for all my connections. I left the red wire open since it is for trailer tow power or whatever I decide to use it for in the future.

gallery_1_12_312884.jpg

Factory splicing compared to mine. The courtesy lamps are from a 1996 XJ. This 1997 XJ harness did not even have the connectors for them so I took the extras I had laying around to add this feature.

gallery_1_12_6394.jpg

All bundled up ready to install.

gallery_1_12_4441.jpg

Bilstein 5100 front shocks.

gallery_1_12_210882.jpg

6" of up travel.

gallery_1_12_61462.jpg

8.5" until it hits the bump stops. I need about 3.5" of bump stop extension to properly space it.

gallery_1_12_198556.jpg

4.56 gearing!

gallery_1_12_257432.jpg

I finally cut off the XJ shock brackets and set the axle into position. I measured about four degrees pointing up for the pinion angle and set a tack weld on the spring perch for a more experienced welder to go over.

gallery_1_12_67959.jpg

AEM UEGO Wideband AFR setup and Auto Meter gauge pod arrived today. The extra spot will be for a boost gauge once I get to the supercharger stage.

gallery_1_12_215050.jpg