Passing of the Unicorn.

Automan2164

Well, the CC unicorn has changed hands. The late build date, 1992 Hunter Green Metallic Eliminator has a new home over here at my place. Wade (89Eliminator) is going to school full time, and needed to get a DD that was more economical for the driving, and not so, rare? So he gave me a call and I adopted it. I know there was a couple guys asking for pics of it when I got it, so I just ran it through the wash, and took it out to the local weigh station to snap some cell phone pics. Enjoy. image_209027.gif

And it at home with the REV, and The Surrogate in the garage.

Got to love that Midwestern rust. :( Luckily, while it was in Wade's possession, he replaced and when through it, and it now has new floors, rockers, cab corners, pioneer speakers, fuel tank, fuel pump, spare rust free bed, tailgate, SWB rollbar, decent factory step bumper, and a host of other items he took care of. Thanks Wade! Air is cold, heat is hot, its durn quick, and drives great.

Plans for it are the 1.5" OME coils in the front to level it out and help with the ride, put the new bed on, and finish the body work, a respray of the Hunter green metallic, some stickers from Spencer(Woot!), and some black wheels with some 30" treads. Other than that, leave it alone. I mean it is currently the only Green Eliminator known at the moment, and very close to last truck by our records. (4.24.92, the other is 5.3.92)

All in all, I am excited to have it, and can't wait to fix it up right.

Rob L. :cheers:

thats a nice little truck, -I'm totally drooling, but the rareness would make me kinda paranoid. still though, i really like it. on a side note ---- that other mj in ur pic has got a good look too -especially with those wheels that i covet so much ( i think theyre called "gamblers".

thats a nice little truck, -I'm totally drooling, but the rareness would make me kinda paranoid. still though, i really like it. on a side note ---- that other mj in ur pic has got a good look too -especially with those wheels that i covet so much ( i think theyre called "gamblers".

Yep. Thats what I have heard them called also. Thats the Reverend. I bought it for a song from a pastor of a church(hence the nickname). I never met him, just his wife. He was really sick the whole time we were dealing, so I communicated through her. Extremely nice. They had it listed on CL for $1000, and as a '91. When I got there it had the regular 4.0L badge, so I knew different. Ended up being a '90, so still an AX15, but no HO. Took it for a drive, had a bad miss, so I told her I didn't want another project, nor did I want to insult them with a low ball offer. She said that I was the first to call, and they were holding everyone else off until I looked at it (took me a week). She told me they wouldn't be insulted, so I tossed out $200, and she went back in to talk to her husband, and came out with the title. :D

Rob L.

Is that steering wheel horn stock?

I know that 92 YJs had the "bolt-less" horn buttons. I am pretty sure the 91s did as well. All this time I thought that was a change that came around at the same time as the dual-bitted keys (one key for doors and ignition). And that change was a 91-thing for the YJs at least. I'd have thought the MJ and XJs were the same.

Way envious of the 92. I've wanted a '92 since I got my first MJ, an '88, about 5 years ago. I've finally gotten an HO model (a '91) and it is in decent shape... but I still troll craigslist for a '92

It might have been. I am learning more and more about it as I go. I think it was ordered for dealer stock, because while it was built in 4.92, it didn't get sold until Oct 30. Weird cut sheet though, since it has the skidplate package, but one thing I thought was standard, lighted vanity mirrors, are absent.

I mean, how will I adjust my hair without a mirror on the visor?

Rob L. 8)

It might have been. I am learning more and more about it as I go. I think it was ordered for dealer stock, because while it was built in 4.92, it didn't get sold until Oct 30. Weird cut sheet though, since it has the skidplate package, but one thing I thought was standard, lighted vanity mirrors, are absent.

Rob L. 8)

man, i can't believe you haven't upgraded that yet :nuts:

Rob L. 8)

Easy.......stick you head out the window, and use the rear view mirror on the side of the door :yes:

From what I've seen, the lighted vanity mirrors came with the "lighting package" which also included the floor lights, and I think the under hood light.

Who knows, these things had so many options that could be added.......I guest, anything is a guest :dunno:

BTW.........Nice grab there Rob :yes:

Rob L. 8)

Easy.......stick you head out the window, and use the rear view mirror on the side of the door :yes:

From what I've seen, the lighted vanity mirrors came with the "lighting package" which also included the floor lights, and I think the under hood light.

Who knows, these things had so many options that could be added.......I guest, anything is a guest :dunno:

BTW.........Nice grab there Rob :yes:

But its weird, because it has the lighting package, and has the footwell lights.

Rob L. :dunno: