Are we the only one that hate RUSTY'S???

dasbulliwagen

I know extreme 4x4 on power block was a rerun, but it was like a complete Rusty's love fest on there today. I know that extreme is getting paid by them to be like that, but are we the only ones that don't like Rusty's or are other forums/clubs like us, when it come to them? Just thought Id throw this out there. I don't really frequent any other forums so I don't really have a clue when it comes to this. Can anyone share their experiences on other forums about rusty's or are we alone?

I stopped watching the shows on there when they decided to give the audience a class on the concept of a stroker, and made it obvious they had no idea what they were talking about.

Apparently the distance between the main journal center and rod journal center is the stroke, not half the stroke.

They also put 32 or 33 inch tires on 3.07 gears and then complained about it only making 80 hp on the dyno.

There is hate for Rusty's products in many places. I do my best to spread it.

TV is TV, not the truth or reality. Magazines are bad too. They get free stuff, they say good things in return. I can hardly stand to watch any of those shows, or read magazines... You could have the worst product and the worst customer support, but as long as you gave it to a TV show/magazine for free they'd highly endorse it.

TV is TV, not the truth or reality. Magazines are bad too. They get free stuff, they say good things in return. I can hardly stand to watch any of those shows, or read magazines... You could have the worst product and the worst customer support, but as long as you gave it to a TV show/magazine for free they'd highly endorse it.

Lots of truth there!

It seemed like the Rusty's stuff was top notch but he was building an extreme truck with some off the shelf parts. This was his only time offroad so time will tell. I enjoy the show, but with all build shows you can see a entire car being built in 20 minutes. How it's made is my favorite, they showed how a VW deisel engine was made in about 10 minutes but they took 25 minutes to showcase how ski goggles were made.

I wish these shows would wake up and actually do something about it. I like it when he says "I will take you step by step in detail how to put together a rear end with all the specialized tools" (In 10 minutes or less). The powerblock TV is one of the greatest things on tv, but what's with the stupid obnoxious guy on MuscleCar TV. Holy Crap Batmat is he anoying!

I really don't know what the 4x4 shows are thinking by pimping Rusty's stuff. I guess if you have a TV show and are looking for free stuff, you look at the beginer market to get parts. Since Rusty's and Rough country are what I would consider beginer level parts.. that is wher they get stuff from.

I am more disappointed that Extreme and other shows pimp Ballastic fab stuff. I have only had 2 dealings with them, and both were bad. Parts were 6 weeks getting to me, when they billed my card the same day I ordered :???: And then I didnt get everything that was ordered, more time to get stuff. Ballastic is one of the big dawgs in the fab arena, but their customer service and shipping is way worse then Rusty's ever th9ught of being.

Man ' ! I've been saying this for years . Not only suspension products but almost all consumer products are that way .

Can't even get a cell phone to last anymore ! Bottom line is , they want your money !!!

The worst part is its our own damd fault ! Our own great American spirit of trying to find the best deal , has driven consumer demand

to produce cheap replaceable products , made in mostly slave labor factory's , closely connected to the black market .

Almost every product now , is made in several different quality levels . Allot more work is put in to fooling you in to not knowing ,

witch is witch .

I would rather pay twice as much and know that I got a good product and the guy I bought it from , can put food on his American

family's table . Thats the "American Dream" to me or a large part of it .

That is true. That CJ8 has our tailights on it. Basically Ian called and asked if he could have a set for the build. And to make good on the last time we gave him tailights he said on the show they were from Off Road Unlimited. Does Zero for my business if he can't get the name right. When it comes to Rusty like what was said. Its bottom end components. I have been replacing his parts for years when someone goes the cheap way out. The whole industry works the same way. you get what you pay for in most instances.

I agree with what DJM said. I call it the Walmartification of America. Wal mart says said item is only worth 1.00 and now everyone expects to pay one dollar. Then they lower their price agin to .79 cents. Ultimately forcing the mom and pop grocery stores out, and putting the squeeze on other large grocery chains. All while forcing ppl to work for a lil more then minimum wage, and then taking most of their wages for health insurance.

Back onto the car shows. I think some of them have done more of a disservice to the 4x4 community then they care to admit. I also think when you have skills and budget ou can make building the space shuttle look easy. and if you look at some of the unfinished rigs coming available you see tons of booty fab, cause they made it look easy on TV.

• 1 year later...
Alright, if Rusty's is so bad, what company do you recommend to fit 35" on a MJ? I was going to go with rusty's but not anymore.

Hellcreek Suspensions is a forum sponsor and makes very good products. However he does not create his own front end components. Using his rear end pieces and any good XJ vendors front end parts would give you a good solution.

he's not a "sponsor" per se (since that might imply some sort of monetary exchange), but he's most definitely a friend of the club and has worked with us to develop some of his products. :thumbsup: