Evolution or Creation, should this discussion be allowed?

mvusse

Well?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• let it be
    • kill it
    • undecided, let's see what develops
    • abstain

I find it odd that such a topic is perceived as being likely to build animosity. I think I made my own views clear in there, and I would hope that nobody would think any different of me ELSEWHERE on this forum as a result of that. I certainly won't for any of those who are of the exact opposite thinking of myself, for I was certain that plenty on this forum were of that persuasion before the topic was started.

:dunno:

Not sure what's wrong with some healthy debate. Is it any different than what might be discussed around a campfire or amongst friends while wrenching together?

Does a football thread belong on here? What about a thread about Marine recruiters? What about a thread full of links to videos? What about a thread about the UFC fight? Surely, that's as far away from MJ as evolution.

None of those threads have anything to do MJs in the least. Any thread where people have their own personal opinions on what's right/best all have the potential to degrade into a flamefest. This includes threads on "which lift is the best" "which tires should I get", etc. Up to this point, however, the thread has stayed within the realms of a perfectly fine discussion.

If I wanted to know what Creationists thought of evolution, I would have found a forum where creationists discuss it. However, I was looking for some outside thoughts and ideas - stuff that you can only get from a diverse group of people which the people in this forum are.

I've already told Pete that he's more than welcome to axe the thread, since so many people don't think we should talk about anything that has a religious base to it at all on here. I'll keep that in mind when reading through the non-MJ related posts in The Pub.

At any rate, that's my .02. I'm sure I'll get flamed and called stupid, etc.

sorry i was a bit unclear.

when these topics begin going back and forth the miss understandings of intent may build animosity.

i personally get a bit pissed when someone is trying to persuade me into thinking a certen way.

i don't think these things should be against the rules but there will come a day/topic that crosses a line thats why there are moderators. i do think it is up to the members of this club to tell said mods what works for us and what doesnt.

As someone who likes to stir the pot, and push people buttons, I voted to let it run. I would never want to stifle anyone's freedom of speech.

Having said that, this is a forum about Jeep Comanches. Who the hell cares what MJ owners think about evolution vs creation? Maybe once we figure that out the original poster can ask us our opinion on ghey marriage, abortion, the death penalty, should women have the right to vote, which church is true, who was behind 9/11, heath-care reform, Motion Offroad's business practices, prayer in schools, immigration, the war in Iraq, should blacks be put back into slavery, and penis size. We could debate all those things, but I for one honestly don't care what any of you think when it comes to that stuff. I'm not here for that, I'm here for your opinion on Comanches.

Having said that, this is a forum about Jeep Comanches. Who the hell cares what MJ owners think about evolution vs creation? Maybe once we figure that out the original poster can ask us our opinion on ghey marriage, abortion, the death penalty, should women have the right to vote, which church is true, who was behind 9/11, heath-care reform, Motion Offroad's business practices, prayer in schools, immigration, the war in Iraq, should blacks be put back into slavery, and penis size. We could debate all those things, but I for one honestly don't care what any of you think when it comes to that stuff. I'm not here for that, I'm here for your opinion on Comanches.

:agree:

Alpha,

I find it funny that you posted the same exact thing on NAXJA and you just had to come here and do it again.

What was the reason for that? Did they not give you your desired answer? The exact same things come out of both boards.

NOTHING WHAT SO EVER.

IMHO you were just looking for a way to stir up crap. It worked over there and there was no need to bring it to this board. Religion and politics will always get people heated. They have no reason on a Jeep board.

The other junk you spouted off about the football, recruiters, and the others are acceptable in the PUB. It is clearly stated in the rules that the God Father put out that politics and religion are frowned upon. But you felt the need to post up on it anyhow...

That is the reason I voted kill it. Because it was started - as it seems - as a way to stir the pot. It was asked on NAXJA. If it truely was a discussion thing, you'd think it would have stopped there. I think that the post over here was still trying to get the big meltdown result.

Lets lock it up.

Rob L.

Well.... being that the forum is Pete's private property and he is nice enough to provide it for our use... Only one opinion matters.. his. Whatever his decision...We have two choices...deal with it... or go buy that other MJ site and keep it going...

which is why being owner sucks. No matter what I do I end up alienating one group or another and people get mad at me. :( The issue of freedom/censorship is real powderkeg. So I'm altering the rules a bit. No trolling of controversial topics. If you have a specific question or something happens in world events, fine. but no repeats of this episode.

Alpha,

I find it funny that you posted the same exact thing on NAXJA and you just had to come here and do it again.

What was the reason for that? Did they not give you your desired answer? The exact same things come out of both boards.

NOTHING WHAT SO EVER.

IMHO you were just looking for a way to stir up crap. It worked over there and there was no need to bring it to this board. Religion and politics will always get people heated. They have no reason on a Jeep board.

The other junk you spouted off about the football, recruiters, and the others are acceptable in the PUB. It is clearly stated in the rules that the God Father put out that politics and religion are frowned upon. But you felt the need to post up on it anyhow...

Yep. Alpha and the others that can't control their need to continue this and stir up crap are sitting back reading all this, snickering, and congratulating themselves for a mission well done. Probably doesn't like football either. :shake:

As someone who likes to stir the pot, and push people buttons, I voted to let it run. I would never want to stifle anyone's freedom of speech.

Coming from the King of pot-stirrers, thats a lot. Even Darren is over it.

which is why being owner sucks. No matter what I do I end up alienating one group or another and people get mad at me. :( The issue of freedom/censorship is real powderkeg. So I'm altering the rules a bit. No trolling of controversial topics. If you have a specific question or something happens in world events, fine. but no repeats of this episode.

Well said Pete. Thats exactly my thoughts. If a question is asked for info, or discussion, game on. If you are using these loaded questions to stir the pot, removed thread and a warning.

Rob L.