A Becoming Common Problem

So, for the past few weeks, this is has become a common problem-

Under topic - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16462&start=0

People from Iowa are stupid. They are all sister f'king rednecks.

I wanted to let everyone know that I have aids and touch little boys

So, I propose a "time out" for a couple members until they graduate from the 7th grade.

I'm tired of wasting time reading this :bs: And trying to read the form.

Enough is enough........and this is way over due :doh:

Any other comments????

So, I propose a "time out" for a couple members until they graduate from the 7th grade.

Any other comments????

I've been biting my tongue and holding back commenting on these two retards Bob. They are not the only ones either, but perhaps two of the worst. I don't post nearly as much as before because of all the infantile jerks on here now. This is getting worse than Pirate because of jerks like these two, and YES, DAMN STRAIGHT I'VE GOT YOUR BACK MATE!

Fellas. Your voices are heard. I will bring it up with Pete and Eagle to see what they what to do.

I do not want to start another flamefest because I mod with an "iron fist". But I agree with the both of you that these 2 and others need to stop their antics.

While we are on the topic of grade school antics. I seem to remember being told that when you have an issue with someone that you should talk to them before you cry about it to the principal. :thwak:

While that is true, I also remember making announcement after announcement that this board needs to remain family-friendly. Is rule #1 too ambiguous? Just not enough direction? I think I ask nicely enough. :dunno: I try to keep this as one big Comanche-lovin' family, but more and more it seems these playground antics crop up. Why all the agitation? Why all the hatin'? Why can't we all just get along? And I don't mean that last one rhetorically, I'm really asking. :(

Everything has been in fun. Didn't mean to step on a nerve.

BTW I don't have a problem with Iowa, I like Iowa, I would even travel there if theree were something interesting to do there :thumbsup:

Pete, turn me loose!

I will nuke every distastefull post I see. Just like I did in Goblazers build thread.

I have seen the change lately as well. I thought maybe it was just me being anal again, but I guess not.

Pete, turn me loose!

I will nuke every distastefull post I see. Just like I did in Goblazers build thread.

I have seen the change lately as well. I thought maybe it was just me being anal again, but I guess not.

I completely agree.

I have to ask though,

Why when I bring up the problem, do I simply get flamed by wahoosteeler?

fact of matter is, I get nastier to people as they get nastier to me.

As far as I'm concerned, goblazers and multipurposemj need to grow up and stop being provocative. Every post I see from them is posted purposefully to attract attention. that seems a bit too much to me.

Pat, I do not read every single thread on here. I know I should. I have been crazy busy playing Marine and have not been on that much.

Goblazer and Multi are not the only ones guilty of it. Please don't think that we are on a witch hunt for you fellas. I have seen Wahoo and CW post things as well as a bunch of others here that has rubbed me the wrong way.

I like I said, I don't want to get into the whole Shelbylube, blah blah blah, my post thing again. It sucked the last time and the thread still turned out the way I knew it would. :dunno:

If Pete asks me too, I will clean up the posts or enforce his visions further. But, it is his board and he has final say.

I hold "cleaning posts" as a last resort. My hope is that everyone will learn what level of respect/politeness is expected is a kid/work friendly forum. There is absolutely nothing wrong with friendly ribbing or inside jokes. Just try to clean 'em up as if you were telling them in mixed company or if kids were around or whatever situation you think would call for a bit of modest discretion. Unless it's in a PM, it is as if anyone can hear it.

Wow......lot more response than I thought :eek:

My point is............yea kidding around, taking little pokes here and there, we all do it.

Jumping on some one else's topic and bashing one another........thats over the line.

Last week was pure "political" topics, and I stayed out of the comments of those.

I don't think thats what this form is all about, or was all about to begin with.

I got alot of things going on outside this form, and really don't have alot of extra time at night to go thru all the BS on here.

Just remember an old saying..........'It's all fun and games, until someone gets hurt'

Oh, and as far as how many times a day you walk by your MJ, or think about it, I really don't give a stit, if your going to contribute to the form, do some thing productive and then post it up, stop wasting band space, and our time :shake:

soapbox.gif

As far as I'm concerned, goblazers and multipurposemj need to grow up and stop being provocative. Every post I see from them is posted purposefully to attract attention. that seems a bit too much to me.

I do not agree with that. What does everyone else think?

:banana: Hey everyone look at me! :banana:

oops. Am I doing it again?

Under topic - http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/view ... 62&start=0

Any other comments????

yeah, i agree.

the more members we get, the more asshats we get plain and simple. there is no way around that. i thought i was childish until i read some things on here.

i say we adopt a 3 strikes and your out program. two warnings, third infraction you are banned.

yeah, i agree.

the more members we get, the more asshats we get plain and simple. there is no way around that. i thought i was childish until i read some things on here.

i say we adopt a 3 strikes and your out program. two warnings, third infraction you are banned.

Dunno about the three strikes rule. I am for it, but you have to admit some folks do have a different sense of humor then others. I guess the bottom line is that most folks like thier free speech, but this is a forum thats supplied at no expense to them. If they wanna 'play' here then its got to be by the rules.

Everything has been in fun. Didn't mean to step on a nerve.

BTW I don't have a problem with Iowa, I like Iowa, I would even travel there if theree were something interesting to do there :thumbsup:

When you coming???

http://www.miobi.org/main.htm

or

http://www.jocci.com/

:banana:

I didn't know they even had internet in Iowa, I thought that thread was a joke :doh: I still have to get my jeep done before I can even wheel here in the NW

Any other comments????

yeah, i agree.

89eliminator

Asshats...

:rotfl2:

I was more around when were were just a yahoo based group and simple, i do know that the range and number of posts here is hard to patrol. I think it should be up to the individuals to control their language. Its hard for a few to keep track. I just say if someone steps out of line, we should notifiy them on that thread, and have everyone take part in the patrol. If things are abused, actions need to be taken.

Rob L.

We use a 3 strikes type thing on the board that I admin for, but it is;

1st offense - one week suspension

2nd offense - three week suspension

3rd offense - permanent ban

The offense does not have to be the same thing, just the breaking of any site rules, or generally pissing off of my staff or myself with ignorant, over the top BS.

We use a 3 strikes type thing on the board that I admin for, but it is;

1st offense - one week suspension

2nd offense - three week suspension

3rd offense - permanent ban

The offense does not have to be the same thing, just the breaking of any site rules, or generally pissing off of my staff or myself with ignorant, over the top BS.

i endorse this message

Last week was pure "political" topics, and I stayed out of the comments of those.

Another board I'm a member on is very global, like this one, except it's quite a bit larger (just because it appeals to a more general crowd). You're welcome to check it out at http://zombiehunters.org/forum/ It's an organization centered around community disaster preparedness and charity work, and we go on a lot of killer camping trips, shooting trips, hikes, blood drives, food drives, etc, etc...

The reason that the internet side of that site stays so clean (for the most part) is because of some very basic black & white rules.

Must be 18+ to post on the forums.

Any flaming or name-calling will not be tolerated. (Of course some people are going to joke around though, it happens)

No politics or religion.

When the 18+ rule is broken, it's an immediate ban. When the other rules are broken, it can result in a "probation" tag under the persons username (It used to be "asshat", before they started to get more professional), and further ignorance to our rules results in a ban.

It's difficult to enforce black and white justice when the rules have a certain measure of ambiguity.

I've seen what can happen at other sites when the ban-hammer is used. I'm not about to pick that kind of fight. It is my continuing belief (blind hope?) that all of our members can regulate their own words as they type. It's not like talking, where the words form in your head right before you spit them out. In a forum we all have the ability and the responsibility to proofread (and maybe use spellcheck :idea: ).