anyone ever actively attempt to get banned?

JeepcoMJ

I've been on jeeps-offroad.com for awhile, and only came there to offer correct information...someone was offering information that an ax5 would work with a 4.0 to a newb. that is just plain wrong, and could cost someone money or worse.

anyways, at J-O, around every corner I find another stupid statement, another stupid assumption, or just plain mis-information. If you're a "newb" (even just to the site), you automaticlally know nothing.

I don't really care what they think of me there, so I tell them like it is (or at least the way I see it regarding opinions). maybe I'm just being a fool, but i really cannot stand those little forums where people think they're right and can't take information from another source to append to their current banks of knowledge.

yes, I know sometimes i may be wrong too...and i'm stubborn about it until proven completely wrong. I'm sorry for that.

but, just wondering if anyone has had a poor experience with another site like such?

That exact thing happens on probably 95% of the sites out there. I have had it happen to me on J-O (I am member #33 there and was a moderator there for a long time) as well as on Jeep Forum and on Jeepaholics...just to mention a couple.

It takes a LOT of patience to go to a site as a newb with a lot of Jeep experience under your belt because you see things that are not right or you have good info to offer, but you are not going to be accepted as credible until you have had time to prove yourself. It is an incredibly delicate and frustrating balance...especially if you have people on the site that just want to do anything to make you look like an @$$ just because they have been there for a long time and you haven't.

I understand and feel your pain... :cheers:

Many years ago I read a report on a psychological study about competency. They went into some large company and rated the employees on how competent they were. Then they had the employees rate themselves on how competent they thought they were. I may not surprise you to learn that the people who were rated as the least competent were those who rated themselves the highest, while those who were actually highly competent tended to rate themselves lower -- probably because they felt there is always room for improvement.

Which is akin to what we encounter on Errornet forums. The people who are hopelessly wrong are also the ones who are arrogant enough to (a) not know it, and (B) not accept it when they are shown to be wrong.

I've largely given up trying. That's one of the reasons I don't post on NAXJA any more.

Pat,

It just makes you (Me and everyone here) appreciate our "HOME" here all the more!! Thanks Pete!!!

Welcome home brother!! You don't NEED them anyway!! :brows: :brows:

Now, go grab a beer, I just left a 18 pack of Killains in the bottom drawer. :cheers: ;)

CW

I've been on jeeps-offroad.com for awhile, and only came there to offer correct information...someone was offering information that an ax5 would work with a 4.0 to a newb. that is just plain wrong, and could cost someone money or worse.

anyways, at J-O, around every corner I find another stupid statement, another stupid assumption, or just plain mis-information. If you're a "newb" (even just to the site), you automaticlally know nothing.

I don't really care what they think of me there, so I tell them like it is (or at least the way I see it regarding opinions). maybe I'm just being a fool, but i really cannot stand those little forums where people think they're right and can't take information from another source to append to their current banks of knowledge.

yes, I know sometimes i may be wrong too...and i'm stubborn about it until proven completely wrong. I'm sorry for that.

but, just wondering if anyone has had a poor experience with another site like such?

its kind of amusing to watch, haha

So does this mean I won't get bashed for giving advise here? I rarely give it on Naxja and I won't give it on Pirate cause I'm just waiting for the lynch mob to show up at my door......

i can pretty much guarantee that you won't get bashed. and if you do, we'll take care of the basher for you 8)

wait,wait,wait...does this give me the RIGHT to tell someone they're wrong just cuz they havn't been on a forum long enough? i'm trying to understand their logic. I havn't been on CC that long but i've been on here longer than some, so that would automactically make me more intellegent when it would come to my XJ? :roll: this stupid logic of theirs is fuxing with my brain :ack:

So does this mean I won't get bashed for giving advise here? I rarely give it on Naxja and I won't give it on Pirate cause I'm just waiting for the lynch mob to show up at my door......
My advice to new people (on any forums) is always to spend a little time getting to know the place & people. Then start making posts to establish yourself and let people know where you are coming from and what you know. You won't get bashed around here, but as with anywhere...you will have to prove yourself ;) :D .

Only if you figure out the difference between "advise" and "advice" you dumb noob :roll:

:D

Many years ago I read a report on a psychological study about competency. They went into some large company and rated the employees on how competent they were. Then they had the employees rate themselves on how competent they thought they were. I may not surprise you to learn that the people who were rated as the least competent were those who rated themselves the highest, while those who were actually highly competent tended to rate themselves lower -- probably because they felt there is always room for improvement.

Which is akin to what we encounter on Errornet forums. The people who are hopelessly wrong are also the ones who are arrogant enough to (a) not know it, and (B) not accept it when they are shown to be wrong.

I've largely given up trying. That's one of the reasons I don't post on NAXJA any more.

And I recall reading a study that reported that 85% of the people polled considered themselves to be a "better than average" driver. Our capacity for self-delusion knows no bounds. :brows:

When it comes to jeep knowledge I know lil.. when it comes to wheeling I know less, even though I try and do both a lot. A lot of things ppl post is just recycled material. I tried posting on Naxja yrs ago, and got bashed cause I payed someone to do my cage work :eek: Pirate well,, there is a lot of good info, but you have to wade through a lot of poo poo to get it.

Only if you figure out the difference between "advise" and "advice" you dumb noob :roll:

According to Eagle's psychological study post, which I think is generally correct, Sir Sam thinks of himself as competent. 8) I think he's very competent, especially with chickens. :cheers:

And no IDXJ, you should not get bashed here if you're genuinely trying to help.

According to Eagle's psychological study post, which I think is generally correct, Sir Sam thinks of himself as competent. 8) I think he's very competent, especially with chickens. :cheers:

Ya but only when he offers "advice" and not "advise" :chillin:

Always keep in mind what my grandfather told me when I was a wee lad (now THAT's going back awhile):

"People who think they know everything are particularly annoying to those of us who do."

Think about it ... it'll come to you :cheers:

Always keep in mind what my grandfather told me when I was a wee lad (now THAT's going back awhile):

"People who think they know everything are particularly annoying to those of us who do."

Think about it ... it'll come to you :cheers:

No I get it.

Ya but only when he offers "advice" and not "advise" :chillin:

You guys have scarred me for life already :cry:

Other than here, Pirate, and one other site, I am the Admin for most of them, so its hard to Ban yourself :brows:

You're admin for the entire internet save for 3 sites? So you're admin at "insert-nasty-website-name-here"? :brows:

I have gotten banned from JU and JF both.

Not a big loss with either of them really.

I guess the Libby guys get a little upset when to start laughing at their "Mag Light" mods, lol!

I had it out with Go Topless on JF. I should have guessed the Goderator was her boyfriend.

I still don't care about either one of the boards.

I have gotten banned from JU and JF both.

Not a big loss with either of them really.

I guess the Libby guys get a little upset when to start laughing at their "Mag Light" mods, lol!

I had it out with Go Topless on JF. I should have guessed the Goderator was her boyfriend.

I still don't care about either one of the boards.

Dude I have the SWEETEST MAG-Lite Mod on my TJ that I would love to talk about on here for 50 pages!!!