anyone ever actively attempt to get banned?

JeepcoMJ

I have gotten banned from JU and JF both.

Not a big loss with either of them really.

I guess the Libby guys get a little upset when to start laughing at their "Mag Light" mods, lol!

I had it out with Go Topless on JF. I should have guessed the Goderator was her boyfriend.

I still don't care about either one of the boards.

I don't see that you are banned on JU.

Dude I have the SWEETEST MAG-Lite Mod on my TJ that I would love to talk about on here for 50 pages!!!

You're only allowed to talk about mag mods if you have pictures to go with it. :D I'm sure we all have a thousand little mods that we'd love to talk about. I'm particularly proud of my pop bottle holder and the 88's air intake (which looks awesome, but has some practicality issues). So what's your wait? Talk about them! umn.gif

I've been 'banned' or the equivalent of it 3 times of JF. (They like to put a nasty bandwidth cap on your account instead of banning you, it basically does the same thing because your connection times out if you try to do anything).

I have an account there now, and post every now and then. I think some people figured out who I am, since I do have a rather distinctive build thread in the XJ section. Whatever. Every time I got banned probably had to do with being drunk and posting. I don't have as much patience then, but I do use a lot more expressive language.

I've moved on from caring when I see bad advice. They'll learn one way or another. Besides, maybe I am wrong?

I've been 'banned' or the equivalent of it 3 times of JF. (They like to put a nasty bandwidth cap on your account instead of banning you, it basically does the same thing because your connection times out if you try to do anything).

I have an account there now, and post every now and then. I think some people figured out who I am, since I do have a rather distinctive build thread in the XJ section. Whatever. Every time I got banned probably had to do with being drunk and posting. I don't have as much patience then, but I do use a lot more expressive language.

I've moved on from caring when I see bad advice. They'll learn one way or another. Besides, maybe I am wrong?

Drunk posting - just like drunk dialing, can be dangerous.

Drunk posting - just like drunk dialing, can be dangerous.

I just tend to order crap when I'm drunk...most of the big stuff now on my TJ (Rear Axle, Lockers, Lift, etc) was all ordered "under the influence"...I need to get liquered up so I can get those Walker Evan Beadlocks and 35" tires that I've been lusting over...

I know better than to order stuff while drunk. I buy enough stupid stuff sober (I wonder when my junk from speedway is gonna show up?)

My drunk posts are often very hard to pick out. It's only when I'm already frusterated with the subject (I had a long arguement on frame plating where I presented nothing but tech, and was met with nothing other than 'that's wrong because we've always done it this way') that I generally get ugly with it. And then I even give fair warning, generally starting my reply with 'So, this post is most likely going to get me banned, but I think it will be worth it'. They can stop reading there if easily offended. Of course, then they'll miss out on the tech in the post, but if we got that far they weren't listening anyways...

*shrug*

I've been out of town for work since I started this thread.

anyways, It burns me that people behave such. I won't be someone's lap dog, so i'm not going to abide by the "work your way in" technique. it's a bunch of crap.

good hard, solid facts and plain truth are what anyone asking a question wants. so, if someone new pops up on a site and offers facts and can back them up, much less corrects someone who is wrong and has given mis-information, I wouldn't give a darn. matter of fact, I welcome it and so I hold everyone else to the same standards...basically I want the !$#@%s on those sites to just STFU and take it like a man, and learn.

I understand that everyone gives information based off of their personal experiences. hell, my personal experiences don't abide by the factory brochure 80% of the time, but I still let people know my experience. perhaps I need to inform them that this is only my personal exprience prior to though.

It's unfortunate when people base facts on mis-information and then combobulate their wrong facts into right facts, resulting in a bunch of chicken sh*t and someone wasting $$$ on the wrong part that won't work.

blah blah blah. sorry guys, I just guess I'm sick of things, and I'd like to see some general consensus on facts vs. retards (not to be politically incorrect, but hey...)

• 4 weeks later...

it is done. I got kicked off after a moderater pointed out that he thought I said I'd never be back. again with the idiocy...he even quoted what I had said.

i told them that if what I had to say about anything was unwanted, to please delete my account, and I'd never be back. he gave me a flag or warning or whatever, and it didn't restrict access so I went back and didn't shoot any tech info...just went into threads about how WW3 is upon us (this is a 100% opinion thread, and I just piped that no one will launch because we have 300x the kiloton power required to blow up the world, and no one is stupid enough to ensue such a thing), and one about palin pictures which went political and I voiced my opinions of it...

anyways, he pointed out that I "said i'd never be back", and I pointed out that he cannot read because I said I wouldn't come back, if they deleted my post, in which case they better delete my account.

soo after getting his head out of his @$$, I got kicked off indefinitely :D

w00t.

end of b#T$H*NG now...just suggesting everyone with knowledge and facts stay away from jeeps-offroad.com. they don't want to hear facts...just act like their right when they're not.