your other toys

cody4359

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked this up a couple weeks ago (07 MX-5 with power retractable hardtop). Going to sell my TJ now :( .

I sold my TJ and then realized that the Miata was worth substantially more than I paid for it. So, I traded it and got this today:

Just picked this up a couple weeks ago (07 MX-5 with power retractable hardtop). Going to sell my TJ now :( .

I sold my TJ and then realized that the Miata was worth substantially more than I paid for it. So, I traded it and got this today:

Ford finally pulled their head out of their butt, that coyote motor is rowdy! :ack:

1993 Dodge Viper RT/10 Roadster

This was a regional SCCA pace car from 93-96 when it was retired in favor of a Viper Coupe. At the time, I was getting a little sponsorship from a local Dodge Dealer for my drag racing operation and was offered a deal on it with a new engine from Arrow Racing. I blew the original rear out grudge racing at Woodburn Dragstrip one evening and have since upgraded to the Super44 used in later production Vipers. Oh yes, when new, the Shelby facility at Las Vegas speedway modified it for pace car duties (special lights, upgraded ducted brakes etc.) and Carroll Shelby personally certified it at 165MPH (a requirement for pace cars) and signed the glove box.

HPIM0329.JPG

1989 Honda PC-800. The Pacific Coasts are kind of cult bikes that didn't sell all that well when new but are reasonably priced, reliable collectors now. The extensive faring was odd for the time and the price was high. Most people with this kind of money to spend on a new bike at the time bought Harleys instead. The full faring is great for the rainy Pacific Northwest and the built in AM/FM stereo is nice for a 55 mile one way commute. My 2010 Honda Insight Hybrid gets about 5MPG better mileage, however. Go figure.

HPIM0392.JPG

-meljr

• 6 months later...

98 XJ. Now with 34 LTBs. Doesnt pull the 10k car trailer around too well!

After my free tires, before fender cutting

My still bone stock 08 Cummins...sits in the garage most of the time.

DD 2000 XJ, New NP231, 184k, 245/75/16 on stock suspension

• 4 years later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...