Pete, Eagle was there really a "Street Edition" Co

jeepdoggydogB

Yep, only 100 of them made. Those are what I think as the only rare Comanches. Since the ground effects is off of it, I'd have to run the VIN to make sure it was truely a "Street MJ". I think you'd actually have to run the VIN through Jeep to get that info because it was an aftermarket company that put the body package on it I do believe. Maybe someone else can chime in.

:cheers:

BMJ, the Thundercheif was a concept truck, the Street Comanches were actually made to the tune of 100 of them total. The distinguishing features were that it sat lower than a stock 2wd, the dash plaque, IIRC a special door tag as well, they also came from the dealer with Centerline rims, and the body kit. Here's just a couple examples I've saved pics of.

I'm not convinced that they sat any lower than a 2wd. If this one on craigslist is an original sans the body cladding, it looks about the same as my 88 (back when it was 2wd).

I wonder what he did with the plastic?

01011201150101020520080611ff399d13f03f166960004fcc.jpg

If the rumors are true and it's an post-factory company that added the ground effects than likely the VIN won't tell you anything about being a Street Comanche. I'd look for the tag on the dash.

If the rumors are true and it's an post-factory company that added the ground effects than likely the VIN won't tell you anything about being a Street Comanche. I'd look for the tag on the dash.

You mean this one pictured in the CL Ad?

01150401161001031020080612c1d25858763079651100c411.jpg

It's not "factory" in the sense that Jeep made them in Toledo. Since they all seem to be on the west coast, I'd say chances are good that the shop was out there.

True, you could get a replica plaque made in a shop, but there are others out there. We had a member a while back that had #54

If it were a little closer, I'd go look at it just for giggles... It's 90 or so miles, and I'm pretty sure the wife wouldn't be too happy if I brought home a 3rd MJ (even though #2 is eventually getting a new home)...

Wade

I'm with Pete on thinking they aren't lowered. They don't look it even with the body kit on it - the kit just hangs down.

If I had one I'd wheel it. Am I evil?

No, I'm joking, I'd sell it as I don't like the look and can't bother myself with collectables. If I wanted a street jeep, it'd be of my own concockting.

If you look close at the rear bumper it looks like a Smittybuilt. I say this because the ends have a bend in them while the other examples have straight tubes. But if someone wants to buy it and send me the bumper I wouldn't say no. :brows:

If you look close at the rear bumper it looks like a Smittybuilt. I say this because the ends have a bend in them while the other examples have straight tubes. But if someone wants to buy it and send me the bumper I wouldn't say no. :brows:

You are right. Below is the regulation tube bumper.

Image Not Found