MJ#757 ..it's an 87...no, it's a 95, no, it's a...97+?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Youre gonna use those seats? My buddy has them in his 96 XJ and they are so uncomfortable. :(

If they are the one out of my 95 XJ they are way more comfortable then the old style ones in my 94 XJ..... :brows:

Youre gonna use those seats? My buddy has them in his 96 XJ and they are so uncomfortable. :(

I like them better actually. the old style ones are very comfortable...these ones are just as comfortable (remember they're ALWAYS more comfortable when there's still actually padding in them), and allow me to get more leg room since they're thinner and I can push them farther back

:rock on: WOW WOW WOW i love this interior, gongretulations budy... jamminz.gif :clapping: :thumbsup:

Thanks...I'm really happy with it so far. not perfect...the material doesn't contour easily lol so there are wrinkles...but honestly, who cares? it's freaking camo baby!

Did you remove the roof? All I see are sun visors. :rotf:

Willy

haha. Parents asked what the camo fabric was for...I said it was so people couldn't see me while driving :clapping:

Tim, I'll call you back in the morning...I may not be able to come out there until mid afternoon, or I can help you all day sunday instead. my brother needs help with his brakes...and I'm waist deep in a wicked @$$ rear bumper righ tnow :banana:

hella cool rear bumper so far

angle shot from right before starting on the corners

close-up before starting on the corners.

steel stock for bumper corners, rock rail mounts, and spare tire mount. there's also two more 8' sticks of 2x6x3/16 for the rock rails

tool of the day...millar 110/220v plasma cutter

rear view. $#!&ty camera sucked but you can sort of see how I'm boxing it in

side view...the extra part sticking out is part of the clevis mount.

that's as far as I got before I went with some friends to see Watchmen...awesome movie btw.

finish the main bumper tomorrow, hopefully rock rails and tire mount too.

freakin awesome! can't wait to see the wrap around part and the rock rails.

haha. well the side protection isn't done yet...but the main part of the bumper is pretty much there. I just need to finish weld the back (which is towards the front lol) of the bumper, and finish the D-ring mounts.

but here's pics so far. I think it's wicked...and the ends look like coffins haha

mounts (outers) need to drill 3 more holes

right side end

here you can see my trailer hook mounts with chain to show them.. I capped a couple of 1x1 pieces then cut one side out of them, and inset them in the bumper...though those hooks are sunk in, that's still water tight, and strong (enough...frankly if my trailer comes off the hitch, I WANT it to completely fall off for my sake)

taking it off bright and early, finish welding it, do a small amount of grinding (I like the raised welds) and while the paint dries I'll put the fuel pump back in it.

well it's tentatively done:

I still need to put reverse lights in the corners of it, finish the D-ring tabs, drill a hole in the hitch for the pin to go through, grind the inside of the trailer hook spots, and make the inside frame brackets plus add 3 more bolts to them.

that will all be fairly quick. in a few weeks I will make the side protection for the rear, but next weekend I install new shocks (have to build front BPEs top and bottom, and upper and lower brackets in the rear), OBA tank, roll bar (with tire carrier attached), and get started on my storage compartments.

I may have tracked down some good leather waggy seats in tan colour...if they're as nice as I'm told, I'll be installing them instead of the 95 seats.

Hrmm... tombstone. Looks great so far man, can't wait to see it next time I'm down there. :brows:

tombstone...that's what I'll call the rear bumper.

thanks Joe (and great Death Race tribute lol).

oh great...now I gotta rig the tombstone to eject lol.

Just got my edelbrock shocks! jamminz.gif

full cherokee set of 6" edelbrock extreme travel external reservoir shocks (monotubes)

front length;

compressed....18.5"

extended....29.5"

rear length;

compressed....will update when I measure

extended....will update when I measure

comes with:

mounting hardware for reservoirs (I chose not to use their bolts for that...used them for the front shock lower bolts)

mounting straps for reservoirs

zip-tie for covers

1 large decal each shock, one small decal each set (front, rear)

the rears come with a bar pin like cherokees use in the rear. I took it out and utilized my stock upper mounts and the lower mounts I had put on. Need to bump stop rear by about 2" then do some flex tests with the thing and probably build triangulated rear mounts.

the fronts mount like stock shocks...bar pin lower, with a bolt on the upper as normal. I left that system alone. These shocks only allow around 4" of up travel, so at 6.5" I need to bump stop by about 3 to 3.5"

pics of all 4 shocks

old rough country fronts compared to edelbrock shocks

front shocks, and how I mounted them. the reservoirs will be covered by the factory splash guard to keep them from getting damaged, and the line needs to be secured. also, because I drilled through into the cab to mount the reservoirs, I will need to waterproof that part of the cab.

rear shocks and how I mounted the reservoirs. I have come down on rocks in that area before...but with the storage I'm building there, there will be a skid plate in that area to protect them.

my opinions on the road ride...

GREAT!. easily 10 times better than the rough country shocks. no more jerky ride. the rear shocks I used to have failed, so every bump would kick the arse end of the truck up in the air. not anymore. it drives like it's factory height with nice shocks...you feel the bumps, but not much. cracks in the pavement you hardly notice.

I'll post some flex info on them when I get the bump stops taken care of

All 18 pages jamminz.gif .

I really like the white block.

Any updates on your overhead console?

Overhead Console work.

The interior is just incredible looking - very nice work.

locks, windows, mirrors, woodgrain installed, cd deck installed.

:cheers: - Rich

Oh Snap!

Pat - Which part numbers did you end up getting?

the ones that are sold out, unfortunately :-/

i don't know the numbers off hand just that they're not available anymore. they were just cherokee 6" shocks.

Drahcir, I haven't touched the OHC since then...been busy with other more "necessary" projects on the truck. hopefully get that done and in within the next month.

• 4 weeks later...
Just got my edelbrock shocks! jamminz.gif

I was scratching my head how to mount mine.

I ended up putting the res forward & up, instead:

Either way, hopefully the tire doesn't come close enough to grab the line as it exits the shock.

It doesn't show in my pics, but I also flattened out where the line crosses under that sheetmetal joining point (where metal sticks straight out).

Have you flexed yours up yet to see if it rubs the line anywhere? (I haven't).

Glad to hear they ride nice :thumbsup: (mine's still in 'parked' mode).

Pat,

AWESOME WORK fabbing that bumper!!!!!!!!! I am VERY VERY impressed, GREAT work!!!

The interior work looks great as well!!! After I fix up my frame problems, I will also be working on my rear side protection as well....

CW

Pat,

AWESOME WORK fabbing that bumper!!!!!!!!! I am VERY VERY impressed, GREAT work!!!

The interior work looks great as well!!! After I fix up my frame problems, I will also be working on my rear side protection as well....

CW

Thanks,

just wait til you see it done!

...hopefully the plasma cutter is available when I get back from work out in WV, PA, and MD next week, then I can finish the side protection, reverse lights, tail lights (boxed in), interior frame brackets, and recovery points.

-Pat

• 3 months later...

well, I need to snap some new pics today.

this thing is getting a set of 35's, whether sooner or later.

so, in light of that I did some work today. I cut out the rear 1/4 panels on the bed up to the first body line, and trimmed the rear wheel wells, as well as raised the rear flares. I'll be doing the front flares this week.

this was all made exceptionally tough, since I just had surgery to repair a hernia which ruptured this past week...but with the help of some friends who came and went today, and a little bit of inginuity (plus some light air tools), I didn't have to lift anything heavy, and got to wheel around on a nice cushioned desk chair lol. I can't just sit around....it drives me crazy lol.

Anyways, I'm modifying the rear bumper this weekend, depending on how I feel...the corners are probably gonna come off of it so I can taper the bumper down to a 2" end for ground clearance. the "coffin" bumper ends will be salvaged for the 3800. that, or I could just build another bumper too I suppose.