MJ#757 ..it's an 87...no, it's a 95, no, it's a...97+?

not sure on whether I want to just bolt the flares on, or raise them then bolt them. either way, I figured out 97+ xj front flares will be just about perfect on the rear...

Are you sure the front flares will fit the rear properly? They angle out in the front to offset the curve of the front fender.

yep, they will. remember, my truck is trimmed up, and I can't use the 97+ flare clips anyways, so I can trim them to make them fit how I need them to.

the point is, they fit the wheel well opening just about perfect.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Rebuilding the front end soon, eliminating the disconnect and converting to 297 non-disco shafts with newer style knuckles, hubs, and brakes.

Also thinking of adding a second gas tank to the passenger side, with a second gas tank skid in that location

yeah. it's just easier to leave it be at the moment. once the xj is lifted and driveable, and the 3800 is done, and beaterjeep's truck is done, then this will be worked on.

plus the free mickey thompson mtz's (35x12.50) on classic 2 rims kinda have me set up right now.

• 4 weeks later...

rims and tires up for sale, sold the rear bumper to my room mate, and installed on his '87 mj today, front bumper will probably go on the xj, shocks, front lift are going to my room mate, and I traded the OBA equipped roll bar to him for his nice stock roll bar.

it won't be done for quite awhile. the front end was donated to the '97 xj. it will retain the 4.10 geared axles. the SYE transfercase is going in my friend jake's jeep.

will retain the current engine and most likely the trans.

rims and tires up for sale, sold the rear bumper to my room mate, and installed on his '87 mj today, front bumper will probably go on the xj, shocks, front lift are going to my room mate, and I traded the OBA equipped roll bar to him for his nice stock roll bar.

it won't be done for quite awhile. the front end was donated to the '97 xj. it will retain the 4.10 geared axles. the SYE transfercase is going in my friend jake's jeep.

will retain the current engine and most likely the trans.

Your MJ#757 has made good use of the '95 HO AW-4 swap parts, the factory MJ D44 rear axle, the killer front bumper and the ton of other parts I gave you deals on.

So how many times has the bumper been used as a battle ram. I slayed a few deer and some good sized trees with it no problem. Thats a great one of a kind bumper I built years ago. I miss it... :(

I think it might have earned a name by now. jamminz.gif What do you think?

:cheers:

That front bumper has been used as a battering ram more times than I care to count lol.

it's brightened my day several times...get home in a bad mood, floor it through the driveway, t-bone parts vehicle, laugh my arse off, and i'm all better.

Tim, my dad has the ball joint press already and may have it back to me tonight all straightened out...we'll see how that goes. C u in the next day or so with that and the gas tank.

-Pat

• 2 months later...