MJ#757 ..it's an 87...no, it's a 95, no, it's a...97+?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good that you can keep working on the MJ, it has to be the best therapy there is...

getting better every day. I still can't lift anything heavier than a die grinder for the most part...hurts quite a bit.

anyways, (sorry for the crappy pics...camera is on the fritz) don't hate me for this but...

still need to bend over pinch weld inside the wheel well, and make a "guard" for the remote reservoir

something I said I'd never do...and yes, I know the paint looks choppy over it but it's just rust prevention until I spray bomb the truck this weekend

fuzzy pic

side view. gonna plate the wheel well areas with a removable plate going around them, and to that plate will be welded the tube flares once I make them (after the paint job)

inside the front wheel well. that's dirt, not rust

inside the rear wheel well...need to cut the lip out a bit

front view of rear wheel well and quarter chop. still need to cut inner fender flush across

tailgate from the 3800 is on until it gets painted. thanks to those who put it on for me

$#!&ty pics

rear view of pass. fender well from bumper. this is completely finished

side view of rear wheel well. wire brushed the rust spot on the side and sprayed it to prevent rust. will smooth when I paint it.

front wheel well

damage on rocker painted over (hit a rock on last wheeling trip

I will mock up with 35's once my bro takes them off his parked MJ and helps put them on. the truck will be going to 35" tires before summer is up, and I'll need to regear to 4.88's this winter

Got any more pics of your track bar bracket? Did you build it or buy it?

Thanks,

Willy

no idea the brand. got it from tim here on the forum (goes by TNT). it's an absolute piece of crap as are HEIM joint track bars. the hole drilled thorugh it is 1" for the HEIM so I need to fix that so I can actually tighten the pile of crap.

it's also single shear, which sucks. basically the only thing it has goin for it is that I can modify it to work for me.

Got any more pics of your track bar bracket? Did you build it or buy it?

Thanks,

Willy

no idea the brand. got it from tim here on the forum (goes by TNT). it's an absolute piece of crap as are HEIM joint track bars. the hole drilled thorugh it is 1" for the HEIM so I need to fix that so I can actually tighten the pile of crap.

it's also single shear, which sucks. basically the only thing it has goin for it is that I can modify it to work for me.

You were told it needed to be reworked before and when you got it from me.

If you used it as is that's not my fault.

Didn't Wade use it to design his mount from?

I just bought it to use as a template to build to build my own mount so don't bash me.

My design would be double shear 1" heim joint mount for the track bar. It would be built it with 1/4" and 3/8 steel plate and tie to the opposite frame rail for the extra support I feel all track bar mounts need for hard offroad use.

I was planning on using a 1" heim on the other end of the track bar also. The bar would be 1.5" DOM treaded for the heim joint. The planned joints were chromoly joints that have grease zerks and have seals. They are also stronger then RE or JJ joints.

Beside sides that RE and JJ are too wide when the larger stronger size is used.

lol, I didn't bash you tim. I didn't say anything negative about you, and I acknowledged that I need to modify it. I'm sorry if you took it as a bash towards you.

I bent and broke the factory one that was in it, and the HEIM was bad so I just threw it in to get it moving temporarily.

rear discs haven't worked their way in yet. didn't even remember putting it in my sig. they're sitting on the shelf, I still need to get the bearing retainer machined.

well. these are a temporary loan for my brother...hopefully he will sell them to me (and hopefully I can afford them by then). they are 35x12.50R15 dunlop radial mud terrain's on cragar soft 8's and have maybe 5k miles on them.

first pic the axle looks off camber, and my track bar is still off a bit...need to adjust it 1/4" to get it right

always critical, I LOVE it but it needs to go up 1.5" in the rear

side view

rear pass.

rear driver's

driver's side

driver's front

Looks pretty sexy. It definitely looks a lot better with the 35's than the 33's that were on it.

(Oh yeah, I say just borrow the tires until they're bald and the sidewalls are covered with rock rash, then give them back. That's what family is for, right?)

Looks pretty sexy. It definitely looks a lot better with the 35's than the 33's that were on it.

(Oh yeah, I say just borrow the tires until they're bald and the sidewalls are covered with rock rash, then give them back. That's what family is for, right?)

lol. thanks. We worked out a deal...I'm building his sandrail motor (1600cc VW air cooled) up to a 1900CC right now...just reworked the jugs and built up the heads for it but I need one more exhaust valve before I can put it together for him. it's nice because then all it costs me is time for now. basically I use them until I can give him some money. let's just say that I'll be getting them for less than 1/4 of what the tire/rim combo is worth.

and yeah, that's what family is for.

35s+4.0HO+open rear diff+4.10s+wet road=burnout

35's+built 4.0 HO + open carrier + dry pavement also equates to burnout....one wheel style.

rear locker is needed, but I want an auto locker not welded so it's just not hapening. gonna be pulling the welded spiders from the dana 30 front soon...just don't like it since the truck actually gets driven.

here's the slow progress. thanks (again) to my friends Aaron, Zach, Steph, and Kelly for their help (or moral support in the case of the girls lol).

I've mounted up my roll bar. will need to cut out the bottom 7-8" of the rear tubes, as they're rusted out and the mounting plates are virtually gone

also made some non-structural (SCH40 tube) additions to the roll bar to be used as supports for the on board air tank and Hi-lift. the welder ran out of gas right when I finished tac-welding it, so I'll finish when I finish the rear tubes out.

mounted up the KC lights. I stole the 100watt bulbs out of them to upgrade my bosch driving lights when the driving lights burnt out....will replace with a set of bulbs from a chrome pair of KC's that I have laying around (I don't generally go for shiny)

then I polished up the old peterbuilt air tank (don't like to paint aluminum, and I even tho shiny isn't exactly my thing, this seems to be a nice touch), and mocked it and the Hi-lift up

then I mocked up the in and out side of the tank with the pressure switch and check valve on the input side, and the regulator and blowoff valve on the output side. may need to put the blowoff valve on the input side...still thinking about that, which is why it's just mocked up

and this is the girl's addition to the project

the spare tire will slide in under the mounting platform for the tanks, and have a retainer and a lock to keep people from stealing it. now I need to figure out where to put my tools.

also, the batteries will sit in the front corners of the bed...gonna have to make boxes for them.

turning out decent. I won't be working on it much for a few days as I'm volunteering at the Racine county fair this week as I always do