MJ#757 ..it's an 87...no, it's a 95, no, it's a...97+?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That truck has come a long way and looks great. How does it run compared to the 3800?

Thanks. It runs as well as the 3800, but is nowhere near as fast (though it seems to break less :roll: ). A buddy did some programming on it today with his computer and I think a jet chip he had laying around, so hopefully we've removed the rev limiter and poked a few horse. gonna test it this weekend and see how i like it, probably gonna go back to stock programming but *shrug*

I also swapped out the rear shocks for a brand new set. unfortunately they are shorter rather than longer (which is what I need) but at least they will keep it riding smoother down the road. also rebuilt the rear brakes with new hardware and wheel cylinders but just sanded the pads (they're half there) and the drums still look new.

and swapped in the H.O. fuel pump and sending unit from geonovast's 91 H.O. MJ.

didn't bother with pics, because some people just don't want to see them.

that's the funny thing...where I'm standing at when I take the pic, the entire screen is taken up by the truck :nuts:

Wow, really? :eek: what crazy designer came up with that plan? :doh:

And if everyone could please stop pushing each others' buttons... :shake:

pat, you didnt have to throw her in 4 low today backing the trailer up, did you? hehehe

no, but I did have to engage the front axle disconnect and pull it in 4wd...stupid damn tires and ghey trailer.

you take a look at the trackbar mount I dropped off for you to use as a template?

bed's coming off.

putting my rusted 88 bed on it. gonna cut the bedsides off of it leaving the top lip, tail light section, and front section plus inner sides, then plate it with 1/8" steel plate to make it look like stock bedsides. then for flares I'm gonna use 1.25" 1/4 wall tube and plate it out. boxing in the tail lights, using round LED trailer lights and definitely installing an oval orange LED on the side as a side marker. also building fogs into the rear bumper as my back up lights now.

this is gonna be some serious armour. think death race.

• 2 weeks later...

locks, windows, mirrors, woodgrain installed, cd deck installed.

two of the 4 frame mounts for the rear bumper...I gotta pick up the other 4. need to drill 7 more holes on each side. gonna start making the bumper this week i hope.

rollbar and my spare aw4

Are the power locks/windows plug and play?

yeah but I've got to find all of the rear window wires (they're all just taped up and zip-tied out of my way now) and cap off the ends.

I'm gonna make the rear window wires do something. idk what...they'd be good for a power rear window and sunroof *shrug*

yeah but I've got to find all of the rear window wires (they're all just taped up and zip-tied out of my way now) and cap off the ends.

So if I grab the harness from the donor, its the windows/locks in one harness? Is the empty connector plugged in under the dash or in the kick panels somewhere?

So if I grab the harness from the donor, its the windows/locks in one harness? Is the empty connector plugged in under the dash or in the kick panels somewhere?

it's an additional harness that runs across under the carpet. it has connectors at both ends and one pin that clips into the fuse panel. pretty easy to remove, you will have to cut the rear wiring out to do it.

it's an additional harness that runs across under the carpet. it has connectors at both ends and one pin that clips into the fuse panel. pretty easy to remove, you will have to cut the rear wiring out to do it.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Your Jeep is coming along nicely. Good Job. :cheers:

Overhead Console work.

I shortened it down by around 15" or so. had to keep it long enough for the keyless entry system reciever to work..

need to pick up some fiberglass resin and fabric tomorrow to finish it off then I will recover it this weekend

rear bumper is off

hopefully I don't have to drive it much until this weekend...with my luck it would get rear ended lol.

• 2 weeks later...
don't even say that! :nuts:

hasn't happened yet haha.

I've got the plasma cutter out now :D

removing the gas tank tonite, and relocating it to the bed. only gonna drop about 2" of it through the bed, and gonna chop up the factory skid and weld it in underneath the gas tank to protect from the driveshaft. also will have to remount the e-brake splitter bracket onto the skid plate.

I'm cutting the rear of the bed floor as well, to make some storage where the spare tire used to be. the bottom of the storage will be welded to the bottom of the frame and sealed with RTV, and the floor will remain stock height but in that section will hinge up as a toolbox lid.

pull out drawers will be on either side of the floor storage for tools and spare axleshafts to go in. the floor storage is just for recovery gear.

gas tank going in front of bed, air tank behind that, spare tire on top of both. I'll build a cover for the air tank and gas tank. this is gonna put the filler neck for the gas tank on the passenger side of the bed, inside the bed.

one optima red top on either side of the gas tank, with a custom cover. this will still leave plenty of storage :D

pics as it happens

-Pat

Those are some great ideas Pat. I can't wait to see the pics.

Thanks...I didn't get so far as to pull the tank tonite...having some issues with my dad's diesel MJ so I pulled it in the shop and started pulling the timing cover got the crank timing pin keyed in and will hopefully get everything lined up to replace the timing belt tomorrow, and put the new mechanical fuel pump on it.

hate that stupid truck...we need to finish the new motor for it (stupid renault) :headpop:

anyways, he's driving the 87 rest of the week and I'll get to work on it this weekend.

hopefully I don't have to drive it much until this weekend...with my luck it would get rear ended lol.

yeah not fun you remember that these jeeps don't have head rests right

mama always called he hard headed :wall:

I couldn't find what I wanted within a reasonable time...so I said screw it.

still need to do the A pillars and driver's B pillar, then the center console.

those are the seats I'm running in it...I'll get camo waterproof seat covers for them eventually.