tradin in the manche....

88swampedmj

ive decided i want something newer and nicer to drive.. my red 91 is becoming a pain in my backside so iam tradin it in on a 2006 ford ranger.. this one to be exact..

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

once i get it ill be putting some 15x8 crawlers on it.. the best thing is its pretty dang new the red 91 is the newest vehicle ive owned so far...

...why are you trading it in? the trade-in value is far less probably than you'd get by selling it outright. and, frankly, the dealership doesn't want your old truck. some hobo will end up buying it.

maybe broadcast it on here and try to sell it? the dealership may have offered you X price for the manche but they'll bring it lower on the day of trade-in, leaving you stuck.

don't get me wrong, for you this is the right thing...but that comanche won't be loved and you won't get half it's value from the stealership.

well i can't really sell it then get the ranger, i have to be able to get to work still haha, but yea i understand what your sayin iam still thinkin about it.. but i don't want that ranger

you don't want that ranger?

they why are you buying it? :nuts:

I presume that you're making payments on the ford right?

any way you can do it without having to pay right away? because honestly, if you could get the ranger and THEN sell the truck, you'd be scott free. OR get someone to buy the mj on a weekday and go to the dealer, put money down, and drive off

how much are they telling yout he MJ is worth?

Man, you guys are harsh! LOL

Maybe HE likes it and/or it's just the best deal for him right now. But I would agree he'd come out way ahead if he could sell it himself instead of a trade. I can't imagine what they offered him. If it's a penny over $1k i'd be amazed, and I don't even know what his looks or runs like! Oh yeah, but that's right, nobody here thinks an MJ is worth more than $1500 anyway, at least if they had to buy another one. Maybe if they were selling their own though. :smart: :razz:

Will the dealer even take a 17 year old vehicle as trade in?

I asked how much the dealer would give me for my 1991 TJ, back in 2002, They said they wouldn't take anything more then 5 years old regardless of the condition.

Mind you thats a new car dealer, the only used cars they sell are from people turning in leases, and the 5years or under vehicles that people trade in when they purchase a new vehicle.

The ranger is about the least exciting vehicle ever, I almost slipped into a coma last time I had to drive one.

that depends on what you do to it and what drive train you have in it. a stock 2.5l mj isn't all that exciting, either.

Thats as maybe, but at least the MJ is exciting to look at. I actually have had some fun in the older Rangers. I was refering to the new ones being sleep enducing.

The ranger is about the least exciting vehicle ever, I almost slipped into a coma last time I had to drive one.

that depends on what you do to it and what drive train you have in it. a stock 2.5l mj isn't all that exciting, either.

obviously you havent driven my bondo buggy yet its a 2.5l. Its exciting because you never know if a part is gonna fall off lol ....but seriously i have a 98 s10 2.2

(my dd) and that is a very boring vehicle...and no guts

jeeperjohn,

what kind of ca dealer are you working with ......i have never seen a car dealer that has turned down anyone for a trade in and the least amount ive seen offered is $500. Most car dealers low ball your trade and if its old and not of any collectible value (they won't see a manche as a collector...to them its an old pickup) they send it to auction or sell it cheap to a local used car dealer. Shortly after my wife and i got married her cavalier (a 97 base automatic/AC sedan) that had a worn out engine and the AC took forever to get cold. they gave us almost 1k for it on paper.

i will say this 88swamped,

please sell your manche on here give us all first right of refusal. we don't want any of these to end up in the wrong hands.

Any dealership that's willing to take a trade in that old is also willing to sell you that truck for the same price, with or without the trade in. They don't want your truck, they just want the sale. Shopping around is the best thing you can do to reduce the cost of new rigs. Forcing them into competition is the only way to win. :D

l ....but seriously i have a 98 s10 2.2

(my dd) and that is a very boring vehicle...and no guts

I had the 2.2 and auto iin my S-10, if you put 50# in the back you had to get out and push it to get it going down hill :D

My Ranger is a 4.0 with 5 speed and 3.73's drop 1,200# in it and it will ask for more :nuts:

yeah gotta love the 4.0's power for days.

i got the s10 as 2wd 4cyl because i have a 47mile round trip commute. at 32mpg. and $3.22 per gal. I can deal with the lack of power...

You get 32mpg :eek: I have a 78mile round trip and the 4 cyl 2wd S-10 only got 23mpg :cry: My 88 Ranger 2wd with 2.9 v6 got 24mpg and my current 4.0 Ranger supercab 4wd gets 20mpg :nuts:

Go for the Ranger it will make you a good truck :cheers: but if you get a chance do sale the MJ to someone that loves it jamminz.gif

yeah. I'm not gonna question it but i get 480 miles out of 15 gallons it only happens in the summer. i get about 23mpg in the winter so tires seem to have a big bering on mpg, because it drops as soon as the snow tires go on. maybe you had a shorter rear end .

I had a 98 Sonoma ext cab with the 2.2 and a slush-o-matic. I tell you what man that thing had the acceleration of 1 legged kid on a tricycle. Had to turn the a/c off when i was attempting to pass and getting on the highway. I'm sure a 5 speed would have been a little less sluggish. I averaged 23 mpg with out the a/c on, 19-20ish mpg with a/c on.

stock tire size 235-75 r15 i believe. mind you that my ENTIRE commute is highway save for approx 2 miles from my house to the turnpike where I run at a constant speed of 65 mph. This equals about 2600rpm. I don't understand how you folks see this as unheard of? one of the guys at my church has a 1996 ranger longbed 2wd 4cyl and he does about the same. my truck is a 1998 regular cab 2.2 4cyl with 5speed. I have a tonneu on the bed too. I may have some very tall rear end gears because it has no no nuts around town (not really any on the highway either) and you have to jack the gas to backup even a slight hill.

I had a 98 Sonoma ext cab with the 2.2 and a slush-o-matic. I tell you what man that thing had the acceleration of 1 legged kid on a tricycle. Had to turn the a/c off when i was attempting to pass and getting on the highway. I'm sure a 5 speed would have been a little less sluggish. I averaged 23 mpg with out the a/c on, 19-20ish mpg with a/c on.

That is so true :D

Tire size was 205"s and the same tires that came on it, It was off the lot new and I could only take it for 24 months :cry: I paid big time to trade it back in, but just could not take it anymore :roll: