wireless earbuds?

Pete M

who's rockin' a pair?  opinions on them?  I need a set with a mic, but I kinda assume they all have that.  mostly for my evening walks.  android phone. 

I’ve got a set of AirPods. They are great for school work because they can cancel out noise or let noise through, depending on the mode. The mic is also pretty darn good. The case does have some magnetic bits, so I wouldn’t recommend having the case in your pocket when doing metal work otherwise you’ll have metal shavings and rust stains on the case. 

Depends on the application. If you already have an iPhone than Airpod Pro's 100%. I don't have an iPhone I use Pixel Buds and they are fine. I have some Jabra noise cancelling ones from work that are complete trash. 

If you are using them for PC use, consider over-ears in which case I highly recommend the Sony XM4s. They are generally regarded as better than the XM5s and the noise cancelling is multiple times better than the best buds out there. 

I’d second the Klipsch if you don’t have an iPhone. Sound quality is relatively poor on every set of wireless earbuds I’ve ever heard. Far too much compression and digital equalization for my tastes. However, earbuds aren’t really about true sound quality, they are a convenience piece. So find what best fits your ears nice and snug without any pain. Something with long battery life and music controls built into the them would be great. 

Honestly I'm just as happy with my cheap $30 chineseum bluetooth ear buds as I was with the Raycons I bought. Can't stand the touch controls, I'd much rather have a physical button. Nothing quite like popping them out for a quick chat with someone and putting them back in to discover holding them in your hand turned the volume waaaaay up. Can't say I've ever used the microphone though.