Jump to content

ThatJeepGuy

Members
  • Posts

    374
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by ThatJeepGuy

  1. Where abouts in MI? Nice updates to the truck BTW!
  2. Yes, one of the other motivators
  3. I found these and considering the damage... its definitely along the lines of what ive been thinking about.
  4. 4.0 i6 aw4 and 231j tcase. Custom frame. Potentially d30 axles front and rear for a 4 wheel steer build. Rear damage may get chopped and then convert this into a cab and bed truck build
  5. Are there any Suzuki samurai folks here?? I've got a newly aquired samurai body, an extra jeep drivetrain/axles and questions...
  6. Looking forward to your progress
  7. Thanks for sharing that, I hadn't looked into the potential for a kit. $3k~ for the kit itself kinda helps paint the value picture
  8. Just saw this tonight and figured id share. I don't mind it other than the description... "It was built in a more Ruggedized fashion using double the amount of fasteners" I've had a 4.7 WJ and its was a good time, id be pretty curious how this one handles with the work done to the rear.
  9. Blue interior trim panel for behind the seat. Its in great shape $50 Located in west michigan, 49330 Local pickup or shipping on buyers dime
  10. My not soo old school knowledge base and thus prolly limited on the new school front as well for motor head stuff... If you wanted a carb setup - 350 if you wanted a fuel injected setup - LS. I'll be upfront as I can hahaha... I have a few ls swapped jeeps some ive done/doing and one ive bought finished. Don't mind the work going into them... fuel injected and parts availability - the price and availability for finding replacement motors - it appeals to me. For me and my lack of experience with diverse engine packages (ima jeep 4.0 and LS kinda fella). I think if I had an engine combo that I would play with a carb on to learn and experience it - i would go 350 - again because of the price and availability for finding replacements.
  11. Thanks for reaching out, ive actually had contact with a few of the previous owners after me... last I knew, the guy local to me who aquired it wound up trading it off to a guy for a hunting bang stick. Ron Asher is the guy on my last known ownership list.
  12. It kinda can't be?... its a 99 xj front titled and lost title rear?...
  13. Nice work and thanks for sharing the sway bar find
  14. Love this thread! I'm between codes atm and this came in very handy!
  15. Needs new leaf springs for sure. Just 400lbs of bagged materials (cement mix, pea gravel etc) and it starts squatting.
  16. Doing wood privacy fence things to hide from the new development going in behind the house.
  17. D@mn dude... take them turns nice and easy
  18. The essential entry level xj. "Just bedline it" add the over and underbuilt bumper
  19. I see a grand total of maybe $400 worth of friday night marketplace specials being thrown at that to make it capable... The brush guard as a rear bumper is an interesting touch
  20. 1995 geo prizm. Auto. This was the car I got to drive while on on my first learners permit...(2004-2005) Many "run to the store for some 2 liters of pop" adventures with very indirect routing... Then bought a 1995 Chevy s10 short bed 4.3 auto from my buddy (2005-2006) and then traded it for my 2nd vehicle but first jeep 87 jeep xj 4.0 auto. Burgundy interior and no suspension that was remedied by a junkyard 3.5" lift and worn out 32" Goodyear mtr's. (2006-2008) How i got my now wife's attention back then I still do not understand....
  21. Final trim and fitment. I went with bolting the bumper brackets to the factory hitch vs welding them in. Things may change in the future and figured a less permanent setup would be better. Plastic bits got trimmed I have some pieces and parts coming in to get the L-plate lights working and may have something in mind for filling the gaps where the factory tow hooks were. Idk yet exactly - may setup the newer tow hooks to work - may setup Clevis mounts or may just stick some reverse lights in there... we shall see More to come
  22. Summer is in full swing! Added aome 3" cubes off amazon to the Bull Bar. Fun fact -The a-pillar lights and lightbar still have yet to be wired in and they were on the truck when i got it... priorities ;) this has been on my list for a while now - new gladiator rear bumper swap. This is the steel rubicon bumper Installed a factory 2" towing hitch and set the bumper on top... I knew there would be trimming involved. Started with trimming the ends and these little flare like tabs are the first to go from top view the corners got a straight line drawn from where the center section of the bumper ends. Just a little more trimming on the 2nd round of trimming This bumper tucks in nicely with the factory hitch. Looks rather natural for fitment in my opinion. then along came some bumper mounting brackets Few fitment trials but this is the final result... I messed up the mounting holes soo they got converted into mounting slots. Final fitment
  23. I'm still sour over the early and late Gladiator ordeal... based on a topic of reviving retired models from decades ago. Its not a new opinion, the new gladiator looks more like a 4 door scrambler... Atleast I'm sure we can expect an actual relatable design structure to the original scrambler soo that will be nice - id rather not see an ifs version of this but understand also - the new customer base expects a level of ride quality and comfort that a solid axle front maybe can't compare
×
×
  • Create New...