got pulled over...

comanche-man22

hey guys yeah i got pulled over this morning and guess what the cop says that i was doing 49 in a 35 but i was keeping up with traffic and my 6 months arent up and i had a friend in my truck and on top of that they impounded my truck for having my friend in the truck!!! its gunna cost about 600 dollars for all of it...and i have to go to diversion

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch!

Just shows that the old adage about "staying with the flow of traffic" isn't a universal fail-safe. Was your speedo indicating anywhere near 49 MPH, or have you put on oversized tires and not corrected the speedo?

Hmmmm. Speeding(14 over) & hauling your buddy (you know what the law say about that in Oregon) . Sorry, but it appears it will be a while before your legally back on the road. I wonder what other part of drivers ed (if you had it) you didn't comprehend. `I all so was a slow learner myself, and paid the price.

I was once told "walking ain't crowded". Just keep your nose clean, and wait till you can drive legally again. It really isn't worth driving with no license or a suspended one. After you pay to learn to drive the speed limit.... you will realise that you don't get anywhere by breaking the traffic laws.. but an empty wallet. Been there and done that

ok, do you guys have some crazy laws in oregon? why does it matter if you had a friend in the truck with you... and what is with the 6 months?

I have no clue about the laws over there, but IIRC comanche-man22 just recently acquired his license, which would make them probationary. I know that here in Wisconsin anyways, it's a period of time that you can only drive during certain hours of the day, and can't have anyone in the vehicle except for a parent.

Like I said, the laws may be different out there, but it's very similar here as well.

ok, do you guys have some crazy laws in oregon? why does it matter if you had a friend in the truck with you... and what is with the 6 months?

Oregon's laws are to discourage Californians from moving there. :D

Thats funny :roll: but calli laws are just about the same

Oregon's laws are to discourage Californians from moving there. :D

Thats funny :roll: but calli laws are just about the same

Maybe that explains why so many of us are invading Washington and Oregon. :chillin:

In IL, you can only have members of your immediate family. IE Mom,Dad, brothers,sisters if its the first year of your license.

Its to keep the kids from doing the really stupid sh@t, we did when we were that age.

lol GA has the same thing, just don't get pulled over for the first 6 months.

i just got a 17 over 2 days ago :cheers: money in their pocket... again...

i'm gonna take it easy from now on though, cause the last tank i ran through at an alarming pace... 244 miles on 17.5 gallons... ouch

ok, in pa when you have your license, thats it ... no restrictions...as far as i know.

what ever happened to learning the hard way....damn! when i was 16 i learned that off-roading in my moms cherokee was not a good idea. especially if it is her DD and the property is posted not trespassing...luckily the cop new me and my mom and let me go (we were four wheeling with the cherokee and a chevy citation..(how appropriate) up by a cell tower). but i learned a valuable lesson.

ok, in pa when you have your license, thats it ... no restrictions...as far as i know.

what ever happened to learning the hard way....damn! when i was 16 i learned that off-roading in my moms cherokee was not a good idea. especially if it is her DD and the property is posted not trespassing...luckily the cop new me and my mom and let me go (we were four wheeling with the cherokee and a chevy citation..(how appropriate) up by a cell tower). but i learned a valuable lesson.

the law is to keep young kids from killing other young kids by mistake/distraction from riding with them til they have a little more experience... i guess to many kids were learning the wrong way ;)

the law is to keep young kids from killing other young kids by mistake/distraction from riding with them til they have a little more experience... i guess to many kids were learning the wrong way ;)

What about adults driving preoccupied with:

eating

chatting on cell phones

watching DVD's

shaving

putting on makeup

her behind

If I was a kid I will feel a little singled out.

What about adults driving preoccupied with:

eating

chatting on cell phones

watching DVD's

shaving

putting on makeup

her behind

If I was a kid I will feel a little singled out.

obviously everyone has distractions while driving... (and i am a kid, and i went through this rule 2 yrs ago) its a PITA rule that noone really follows, just some people COUGH this guy COUGH got caught. i'm just saying that's the theory behind it

SPOBI

I know PA had 'cinderella' liscenses.....

I used to spend summers in Erie with my grandparents. My cousins used to love when I came out, because with an out-of-state liscense I wasn't subject to the liscense curfew. We would be out running around most of the night, when their friends all had to be off the roads. It certainly made getting up for chores a process though......

in WI we can have 1 relative and 1 friend in the car at most. both or either/or.

I disobeyed that ONCE when inside my 6 months (I think it may have been longer than that even), at the very beginning. but didn't get caught by the law.

I took my bro and his band up a 50 min. drive to a guitar center in my volkswagon cabriolet convertible, on the way back we wanted the top down at a stop sign, so I said to clear the back window of their junk, they said they did. so I unlatched it and they shoved it back, having not cleared the back window space...which shattered the rear window.

well that sucked, but all was good...I thought. even had the story straight so they wouldn't know there were other people in the car, but my bro slipped up and said a couple buddies were in the car. lost me my car for a week when my mom found out. so I never took his band anywhere again and basically said piss off...it didn't make me happy that he screwed me over when I helped him. AND I ended up paying for the new rear window (with defrost)

end of story it is the law and I did disobey it, glad I didn't get caught. no one obeys it anyways, but you really should so b*tching about something you did wrong isn't really gonna help. it's a learning experience

Oregon laws on the first 6 months (the best I can remember them):

Can't drive between 11PM and 6AM except for school and work functions.

Only immediate members of family allowed in the car.

Something else.

Which is worse, an experienced driver on their cell phone, or an inexperienced driver on their cell phone?

3 months after having my license, I was driving my mom's truck through downtown, my buddy (illegal to have in car) air horns a cop while we're (apparently) doing 35 in a 20 at 1130PM. Cop starts following us (no lights), we pull on to what I thought was a one-way, so I turn onto the closest lane (now I'm going down the wrong side of the road), lights come on. After sitting there for half an hour, the cop threatens to pull my license for the next two years, calls my mom at home, and sends me home with a stern warning.

Cops are good people.

Sad part is your insurance will go through the roof now that you were stupid. The main reason they put those regulations down is to see if you can follow simple rules before being given free reign on the road.

That said, back in the day (mid '70s) I picked up my GF and her 5 sisters plus my brother after passing my road test and we drove across the border to go sledding on Mt Baker! (that '66 Vee Dub van went EVERYWHERE I pointed it till I broke the frame from rust and a turbo Mazda rotary engine)