Inspiration.

Muncher

Someone give me some inspiration for this thing. It's very base model and boring. I have too many ideas in my head too pick one. 

Was thinking of maybe making a flat bed out of the factory bed because its all banged up.

20230403_144415.jpg

2 hours ago, Muncher said:

Someone give me some inspiration for this thing. It's very base model and boring. I have too many ideas in my head too pick one. 

Was thinking of maybe making a flat bed out of the factory bed because its all banged up.

20230403_144415.jpg

Visor, lowered and supercharged 

Ummm, fix the wiring and use it as is? Maybe do a 4x4 swap. No sense in sticking a bunch of money into it if it works as is and isn't rusty. Then look for options you want to add down the road.

10 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Ummm, fix the wiring and use it as is? Maybe do a 4x4 swap. No sense in sticking a bunch of money into it if it works as is and isn't rusty. Then look for options you want to add down the road.

Already have a tdi motor. It works but barley. I have lost intrest in the 4.0 

Just now, Pete M said:

spring is coming.  start taking it to car shows  :D 

Yeah maybe the diesel or the chief could have but this thing is very badly beat up. The fenders are the only panels that have no dents but that's because there new. Even the edge of the roof has one which really confuses me

I've had many thoughts on mounting an assist motor to my rear diff.  I'd put a pulley around the diff yoke and toothed belt drive it.  Probably a 20-30hp Etech motor and a brushless speed controller that can both be used to drive and regen.  I'd controll it all with a custom built rotating ring right under the shifter handle.  

17 hours ago, jpnjake said:

Fuel mileage out of an MJ :laugh: 

Now that’s a good one

About 100k miles back when I first got my MJ, I would average around 115-130 miles on a quarter of a tank of gas. Not bad for a primitive pickup. :laugh:

On 4/6/2023 at 12:21 PM, Muncher said:

I second the idea for a flat-bed. It wouldn't look bad if done right, honestly. :popcorn:

I vote mild build with 3" lift 31s rock sliders.....basically build this but long bed.

Screenshot_20230408_055053_Facebook.jpg.b878a66e4a726baec8fca8eea5c0f85b.jpg

Doesn't have to be perfect. Hell, you've seen mine in person and it's not even near perfect. mines got dents and scratches and is a 15 ft truck but I just enjoy it for what it is. Your truck would make a perfect mild build/wheeler in my opinion. It's got enough flaws where you won't feel bad modifying it a with aftermarket front bumper or giving it a tiny boo-boo (like a scratch from a a tree branch on a trail) but nice enough to keep from doing a full out off road build like hacking the fenders/flatbedding it. Just my two cents.