1986 comanche diesel

azdiesel

Origional Rust free Arizona truck for sale. I have $6K in receipts for restoration . Has factory A/c. Truck is running but has blow by. Went thru engine but could not find pistons/liners, Now have pistons/liners and second engine ready to be put back together. If interested, call for more details. extensive mechanical restoration completed.

• Pete M changed the title to 1986 comanche diesel

From PMs with the owner:

I am in Phoenix, Az. I have some pictures and can put them together and email them to you. As mentioned, I have receipts for $6000.00 for parts and work done to the truck. I pulled the engine and went through it but couldn't find piston/liner kit. Now I have a complete set along with a second engine ready to be reassembled. Both injection pumps have been serviced. Trans was rebuilt, fresh clutch/flywheel. all new suspension bushings, custom Koni adjustable shocks up front. rebuilt steering box, etc.. oil lines on engine to cooler have been switched over to JIC stainless steel lines as factory fittings were all British wit-worth . All engine sheet metal has been power coated, new a/c compressor. A/c hoses not connected. Exhaust manifold has been repaired and furnace stress relieved and ceramic powder coated inside and out to prevent any heat damage in the future.

truck is running  but has excessive blow by if run at highway speeds. Basically, all mechanical/electrical work is done, instrument cluster has been gone through, new turn signal switch etc. Had an aluminum fan shroud made, new fan /spacer fit. fresh pwr steering pump/hoses Brakes are new, clutch master cyl & slave rebuilt.

So, definitely a project to be finished up. Have a complete set of factory service manuals, extra new unused turbo and much more.

Best come look at the truck if this is something you are interested in. Very rare to find one of these completely rust free. Needs fresh interior/headliner/carpeting. If I can't sell it and at least get money already spent an the parts, I will keep it with hopes of finding someone to install pistons/liners. 

Richard LelBlond

cell:602-684-9480

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, ThreeComanches said:

For those wondering, I am the one that purchased the blue Diesel Manche from CT.

She now resides in Alabama!

Glad to see you on here, looks like you’ve got quite the collection of rarer Jeep models 

22 hours ago, ThreeComanches said:

For those wondering, I am the one that purchased the blue Diesel Manche from CT.

She now resides in Alabama!

That's it?  We need pics and more of the story :laugh:

7 minutes ago, Joe Dirt said:

What is the make and size of the diesel? Is it turbo? 

2.1l Renault Turbo diesel

(If you think 2.5’s are underpowered get ready for even less)

In 1989 in Renaults it made 88hp@4250 rpm and 135ft lbs @2000rpm 

1 minute ago, jpnjake said:

I'll stick with my 4.slow lol. Someone at my job had a new Rubicon diesel. I didn't know they were putting them in new jeeps. I wanna get my hands on the new twin turbo 510hp inline 6. That's my dream swap.

20230601_161925.jpg

20230601_161931.jpg

1 hour ago, Joe Dirt said:

I'll stick with my 4.slow lol. Someone at my job had a new Rubicon diesel. I didn't know they were putting them in new jeeps. I wanna get my hands on the new twin turbo 510hp inline 6. That's my dream swap.

20230601_161925.jpg

20230601_161931.jpg

Ecodiesel! I have a ram 1500 with one. 3.0 v6 turbo diesel pushing out over 400 ft lbs of torque. I like the little engine but vm motori made them complicated.

1 hour ago, jpnjake said:

In 1989 in Renaults it made 88hp@4250 rpm and 135ft lbs @2000rpm 

To be fair though diesels have always been more about torque than hp. Plus being a little 2.1L not a lot of displacement to get power from

Archived