Fly bys?

MiNi Beast

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We’ve got a B-17 out at the Deer Valley airport that flys from time to time. And you can ride it in too. Along with a P-51 and i think a Corsair is out there too. 

Oh and there was one time when I was at the wildlife world zoo where Luke AFB had a B-52 fly over the zoo but was easily a mile off the ground. That was fricken awesome!

2 hours ago, watchamakalit said:

I live under regular training flight plans for the airbase. Fun to watch the a10's run their practice flights.

42 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

I too live in an AFB flight path (Travis AFB) and love watching the C-5s, C-17s, and KC-10s take off. Occasionally there are some fighters and AWACS.

:worthless:

My work is about 2 miles from Richmond International.  About 2-3 times a year we get treated by flyovers of Air Force 1 (not the actual designation, the president is not on board).  They practice touch and go's at RIC.  It's pretty cool to watch...the glide path goes right over our building.

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

not sure what sort of flight path I'm under, but every once in a while a chinook will go directly over the house.  pretty low too.  those big suckers make a very distinctive sound.  :D 

Pic or your lying 🤥

My house is in between Ft. Lee and Ft. Pickett and we get tons of military helos flying over.  You can hear them long before you can see them, lol.  One day this spring I was putting my flags up on the front of the house and a "convoy" of them came flying over at a fairly low altitude.  I stood in the middle of my driveway and waved my flag back and forth as they flew over me.  One of them then rolled back and forth several times.  I like to think he was saying "you're welcome" to me.....it was really cool.

I used to live in Battle Creek, Michigan, home of Fort Custer ANG base. When I was younger, we would see the A10's doing training runs all the time. I love those things. The local regional airport was connected to the Air base and thus has a runway that can land just about anything. My grandfather was Army air force during WW2 and loved everything miltary aircraft or just plain cool. He heard about British Airways sending a bunch of pilots over for some sort of training flying in the Concorde! He got my dad and I to come with him and we watched the Concorde land and take back off in Battle Creek! That was an awesome sight. This was before they were all grounded, obviously.

I'll help Pete out, this was over our house a couple years ago.

_SHL3650.JPG.aff13add4dc9617e9318f7f71316a691.JPG

Some more

_SHL3769.JPG.d258ecc0f02452ea26b6410eabcd0d61.JPG

These were a cool sequence of shots

_SHL3783.JPG.b9186b7b9d8ad5512c181508d19fde7f.JPG

_SHL3781.JPG.0e4ea44b9f367fca19bd3fadbb3a1118.JPG

And when a stolen car was chased into our neighborhood. There was also a police helicopter and a Highway Patrol plane circling around.

_SHL5924.JPG.c222d4f2fa90648d14b15a998969a9f9.JPG

Dobbins ARB and Lockheed Martin are about 15min south of me. They're always flying C-130, F-22, and whatever else they are testing. When we were kids and lived a few miles from there, they would fly over the house in groups and everything fell off the walls :laugh: