COMANCHE FUEL SENDER AVAILABLE!

Hi Gang.

I managed to damage my fuel sender assembly this week while fighting with replacement pumps, and re-installation.  No problem I thought, I'll just order a whole sender and keep the bosch pump as a spare.  Only to find that the senders are no longer made, earning myself the dumbass of the week award.

After searching around for a couple days and pondering how I could make an XJ sender work, I stumbled upon a listing on ebay from a shop in Texas. They buy dealer surplus pallets and boxes and resell individual pieces.  They happened to get a box with some Comanche senders in it.

I do not have any affiliation or compensatory agreement with these guys, or even know them. I am just excited that there are some fuel senders left.

So in the event any of you need a sender, or a spare, they have a few more available.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184648886994

Well, only thing is, 86-92 are not all the same. So their listing there isn't correct.

I think you can buy the reproduction senders for cheaper than that too.

Someone might want to actually look into what they're are selling there. To clear the ad up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, ghetdjc320 said:

So what’s the verdict on what model sender these are? I need one for my 91

I don't believe this is an HO sender. My HO unit has the potentiometer element exposed. On this one and every other Renix one I've seen, it's covered.

Definitely not 91-92 ho. I thought 86 were straight piped without the 90s on top of hanger assembly above the lock ring. I can't very though because I just gave my last one away a few weeks ago. It is for 87-90 but pictures look really grainy making it hard to verify if it's really a MTS unit. 86 had different hangers below the gasket flange as well. I mean one could make that work for really any Mj with modifications but it is not possible for it to be plug and play for all the years makes and models. No way possible. I want the 86 swb it fits if so. I'd be rich.

On 3/27/2021 at 3:20 PM, 87MJTIM said:

If the OP had done his homework on here, he may have found this - http://www.mtscompany.com/sendingunits.htm

(I don't want to sound suspicious, but it looks to me like a sales pitch.)

While I had "done my homework", these guys never showed up on any of my searches.  But glad to see the link.

No sales pitch, I was happy to find something, and while "doing my howmework" I ran across many posts of other guys who couldn't find senders and/or were stuck finding out they were out of production. So I thought I would share the info I found.  I also specifically pointed out that I have no affiliation with the seller to be clear that I was not selling anything. But thanks for the courtesy Bud.

No offense intended.

Most fuel senders advertised on the internet will not fit the MJ.  Most are XJ senders.  The sellers don't know that the two vehicles are different.  Also, as mentioned, the Renix and HO senders operate on different ohm scales and in reverse direction.

On 3/27/2021 at 4:20 PM, 87MJTIM said:

If the OP had done his homework on here, he may have found this - http://www.mtscompany.com/sendingunits.htm

(I don't want to sound suspicious, but it looks to me like a sales pitch.)

This is legitimate. This company makes correct senders for our comanches. However! They do not make HO senders for our comanches (yet)

A few guys on facebook have bought them and for the most part had great success with these units. The only faults i have seen from others is they end up screwing up the wiring for the sender on accident. A lot of them had the float wires reversed, one had the pigtail wired wrong. But all easy fixes. 

I had an unfavorable outcome with the MTS Company-produced units.  They modeled the one that I had ordered off of an 87 and it didn't work for me and I had to return it.  Great customer experience, so I was disappointed that I could not work with them on this project.  Maybe they have more Comanche senders that'll fit all years now.  My experience is chronicled on this thread: