Your NOS finds.

eaglescout526

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Chad R said:

It would be interesting to hold up the firethorn painted door panel to that one

Every garnet part I have acquired have been darker in color than the firethorn. My only theory why that may be is age of the part, the colors and material slowly degrading and such but have not been able to really figure that out. I had some web guides that were darker than the firethorn, I have two garnet rear XJ belts that are the same dark color but those would be dark anyways. So I am not sure but I can say the panel will be darker. 

I think I’m looking at the older 242 shift bezel plates. They have the same shift pattern as the newer style and this style pictured above comes in AMC packaging so I think they just might be the older style. 

Actually I did some research and they are for the 228 which the 242 replaced in 87. The 228 has hi lock and lo lock along with 4wd meaning it was very close to the 242 in operation. 

Edited by eaglescout526

• 1 month later...

since we're opening up this thread to all of our NOS scores, I feel compelled to share the wall o' NOS :D 

was able to find a nos tail, bumper end, flare, gas tank door, gas cap, and mudflap for the bedside.  also a nos handle for the nos gate.  the rim is an unused spare.  the wheel caps are just nice ones, not nos.  not shown is my nos chrome grill on the adjoining wall. 

20200920_121458.jpg

yes, it's rightside-up. :D  I even spaced out the lower edge so that it's at the proper angle or presentation rather than flush with the wall and weird looking. 

I'm actually a little surprised at how little of "the art that is our trucks" is on people's walls.  :dunno:   A team of Jeep artists drew up the concepts, then a team of Jeep engineers made it 3d, and then a team of Jeep line workers brought it to life.  I mean, there's real history and a story there. 

but people will hang a cheap print they found at hobby lobby because it goes well with the wall color.  :thinking: