what your stimulus check for?

MiNi Beast

well got my $600 pending payment from good ol uncle sam.  now what? they say spend it to help economy and by golly i find it hard to argue with that. thus far working on hydro assist setup and get rest of parts so i can get ax15 installed. and i have a few donations in mind as well  :shhh: and maybe a pair of socks  

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, MiNi Beast said:

well got my $600 pending payment from good ol uncle sam.  now what? they say spend it to help economy and by golly i find it hard to argue with that. thus far working on hydro assist setup and get rest of parts so i can get ax15 installed. and i have a few donations in mind as well  :shhh: and maybe a pair of socks  

just socks?

I've got a few parts to pick up as well

30 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Yall got yours? Hmmm how poor and in Jeep debt do you have to be to get it? lol.

ive been on unemployment since march. winter is here so plowing season is here for me. which is when i make most my yearly income. depending on the snow that is. 

I thought Congress was still bickering over this COVID relief bill?

Either way, I don't expect mine to show up any time soon - not even sure if I qualify, to be honest.  I opt for paper checks so I'm always behind when it comes to the Feds giving me money.  If I do get one it'll go directly to my kitchen remodel.

$600 bill passed. bickering over "cash act" now for $2000 check, know more hopefully tomorrow as they will be debating it. if already got one before then you should expect to get $600 check same form of payment as before, it is in the hands on banks now. should see it within the next couple of weeks. if do not get one perhaps you would be able to claim this at tax time. 

must be it.  :D 

for me it's a big meh.  I've simplified my life so much that it's not a huge deal breaker.  but there are a ton of 18+ people out there that are entirely dependent on their family for survival and not only do they get nothing, the people supporting them get nothing more.  I've got family (2nd cousin?) on my mom's side that are taking care of their down-syndrome kid who's in her 30s.  their life is... challenging, to say the least.  and both this bill and the last purposely leave out adults who are filed as a dependent in their taxes by someone else.  not accidentally... purposely.  as in it's spelled out in black and white.  :soapbox: 

Both of ours are going to paying existing bills.  Although I've got a good chunk saved to hopefully buy myself a nice new welder and doing some work on the shop.

I'm really hoping somehow someone passes the student loan forgiveness thing and we end up with no student loans.  It's been quite nice not having to pay on those this year, allowed us to catch up on other stuff.  Starting out 2021 with our very own medial insurance so already losing my student loan payment to that...  Man being an adult is expensive.

6 hours ago, Dzimm said:

Both of ours are going to paying existing bills.  Although I've got a good chunk saved to hopefully buy myself a nice new welder and doing some work on the shop.

I'm really hoping somehow someone passes the student loan forgiveness thing and we end up with no student loans.  It's been quite nice not having to pay on those this year, allowed us to catch up on other stuff.  Starting out 2021 with our very own medial insurance so already losing my student loan payment to that...  Man being an adult is expensive.

If current outstanding student loans are forgiven, then I want a big check for all of the student loans my wife and I have paid over the last 15 years!

Going right in the bank, along with the first stimulus we got.  We'll just end up owing it all back to the .gov come tax time anyway.:mad:

edit:

Or.....our outside/inside kitty cat seemed a bit sickly this morning.  Not sure what might be wrong with her, I'm leaving work early today to go home and check on her.  Might end up needing that $$$ to take her to the vet.