The Ugly Truckling

89 MJ

1 hour ago, jdog said:

so whats the plans?

I’m not sure yet. Maybe do a restoration with many factory accessories. I’m not sure yet, but I want to do a dark greeen/pewter (maybe just tan or silver) two tone. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

I’m not sure yet. Maybe do a restoration with many factory accessories. I’m not sure yet, but I want to do a dark greeen/pewter (maybe just tan or silver) two tone. 

that would be very cool. would love to see it all chromed out as well

8 hours ago, Jesse J said:

that would be very cool. would love to see it all chromed out as well

I’m thinking so too. If my blue truck didn’t have the blue interior, it would’ve been green. 

8 hours ago, jdog said:

any lift?

Right now it has a 3” AAL. I will either leave that or maybe go up to 4.5”. Time will tell. 

3 minutes ago, eaglescout526 said:

Ooooo now I am curious about how this one will turn out. 

Just now, jdog said:

As am I

Me three!

I will probably get the BadDadFab hidden winch and use the OEM bumper I have with the little bumperettes on them. Chrome header panel trim with a 10 slit grill, green and pewter paint with pewter flares, and maybe a 4.6 stroker. I just want to have a stroker, that is the only reason for the last part. 

I do have a issue with it being green, every time I hear it's going to be green all I can think of is the song big green tractor, but I change it to lil green pickup. You better come up with a good name for it lol

41 minutes ago, jdog said:

I do have a issue with it being green, every time I hear it's going to be green all I can think of is the song big green tractor, but I change it to lil green pickup. You better come up with a good name for it lol

:roflmao:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the blue truck is sticking with me (I'm kinda glad to be honest) so this truck won't be getting a full restoration, but I will still make it run and drive. Its been getting warmer, so hopefully I will be able to get to work on it again in a month or so. 

I also put the topper on this truck for now so it is out of the way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, today I filled the bed with most of my extra MJ parts because I had to get a tiller out of the front of the trailer. Other than that, nothing new to report. I’m hoping I will have time to work on it more when school is out, but I need to finish the blue truck first. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

Wanna do that to mine? :dunno:

It’s really not that bad if you can cut the section out of an XJ. Then you just have to cut and weld. 

1 hour ago, 89 MJ said:

It’s really not that bad if you can cut the section out of an XJ. Then you just have to cut and weld. 

Yeah, thats what i was thinking but i was debating then to go 97+ door set up then being its what has to be done either way now. :dunno:

1 hour ago, MiNi Beast said:

Yeah, thats what i was thinking but i was debating then to go 97+ door set up then being its what has to be done either way now. :dunno:

The large on piece windows would be nice...