• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

Details. I have issues myself. :sad2:

A PO put the clutch disc in backwards, causing it to never get tight and the bolts to back out. Then it wouldn’t ever disengage. 

1 hour ago, 89 MJ said:

A PO put the clutch disc in backwards, causing it to never get tight and the bolts to back out. Then it wouldn’t ever disengage. 

Haha, how is that even possible?  It can really only go in one way, otherwise you can see it binding up and scraping long before it's all bolted in!

10 hours ago, scaleless said:

Haha, how is that even possible?  It can really only go in one way, otherwise you can see it binding up and scraping long before it's all bolted in!

Yeah, I think they just forced it together. 

Well, I swapped header panels, listed it on Facebook, and it was gone in a couple of hours. I’ll miss it, but now we are on to getting the Eagle back. 
EF07E8B4-C41A-4214-9CBA-45EB13261D6A.jpeg.95821c5eb5b1bf48db8670f26c134543.jpeg

168A798F-1D3E-4E92-990E-09EEB2D712C7.jpeg.407795ffb41d459fbd904378a5d65193.jpeg

And we fixed the brake issue, they freed up and then the needed bleeding. 

Well, the ugly truckling lives on! It will be a slow build as I’m still knee deep in my XJ tdi build, but I’ve got a 4.6L stroker/ax15/231 to throw in it. I started the interior swap to grey with all the extra parts Carter provided and I happen to have a dash to match so that worked out well. I’ve also replaced the drivers side fender, door and hood so just about every body panel is a different color at this point ha. I’ve had 10+ XJs but this is my first MJ and my first renix so I’ll definitely be poking around in here to learn as much as I can.

39 minutes ago, TDIJeep said:

Well, the ugly truckling lives on! It will be a slow build as I’m still knee deep in my XJ tdi build, but I’ve got a 4.6L stroker/ax15/231 to throw in it. I started the interior swap to grey with all the extra parts Carter provided and I happen to have a dash to match so that worked out well. I’ve also replaced the drivers side fender, door and hood so just about every body panel is a different color at this point ha. I’ve had 10+ XJs but this is my first MJ and my first renix so I’ll definitely be poking around in here to learn as much as I can.

Right on...:applause:

• 2 months later...

It’s been a while so I figured I am due for an update. I’ve been slowly collecting parts for my 4.6l stroker set up and I slapped on some clean metal to carry on the ugly theme. I picked up a jcr front bumper, rear bumper and some TJ Moab wheels with 32 inch tires that will be going on this winter.

38D73661-78D1-4E78-A762-F69937EBA3BE.jpeg

I finally got some time to work on the MJ during the kids nap time so I rolled it outta the shed and started stripping the interior(switching everything to grey). I’ll clean up the floors and get some new pans welded in then I can start throwing it all back together 

E9ED2188-2DCC-446B-BABE-72BA87FB59DC.jpeg

Welp today I learned how harsh a leaky slave cylinder can be on the fuse box:applause:. I pulled all the fuses and they just fell apart. I sprayed out the terminals and threw some grease on the new fuses. Hopefully I don’t have to do a complete replacement but time will tell.

2A8E7647-B83D-4F69-B353-C3CBF437DADE.jpeg

E875F1B4-125B-4047-96EE-C289F9CFAB15.jpeg

I got the dash out of my XJ donor and installed in the MJ. It was a lot easier than I imagined it would be. The donor XJ has been a life saver as a majority of the steering wheel wiring harness connectors also cracked or disintegrated so I took the time to clean those contacts and swap over plugs etc. I also installed the headliner and have all the interior pieces except carpet. Plan is to run to the junkyard and hopefully find something that works. I plan on cleaning up the floor and welding in new metal sometime this week.

5DBC1C78-B226-4366-ADBC-B55BF54FD434.jpeg