89 MJ

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, jdog said:

Is this how you convinced your parents that you needed a 2nd one lol, yeah it'll be a great yard art/Christmas decorations.

Looks good

Thank you. I was able to convice my dad with the sportbar, rust free bed, and NOS tailgate. My mom still isn’t convinced. Lol. 

1 hour ago, eaglescout526 said:

Mothers will never be convinced. End of line. That being said, as long as youre happy with what you bought then you have your mothers support.

I think you are right on this one, but I’m not so sure she would on what I want to replace it with (Chevy C60). 

17 minutes ago, Jesse J said:

at least chuck it in there until then

I couldn’t if I wanted. I can’t open the tonneau cover because I can’t open the tailgate because my Dad’s Jeep is that close to mine. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think I have come up with a plan for the Ugly Trucking. My plan is to make it run and drive, then it will probably be sold as is. As much as I would love to do another Comanche, my next MJ restoration is going to be a Metric Ton and the one after that will probably be a 2wd. We did get the truck to run, usually, we will need to do some troubleshooting there, figure out why the clutch won't disengage, and make the brakes work. It really doesn't need a ton at this point, so hopefully when I finish the partout on my other red truck, I will be able to get back to this truck. This truck would be a really good one to restore though, considering the only rust is in the floors.

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Torq_Shep said:

Why would you even consider building this one? 

Edit: the rusty one or the not rusty one?

It’s not the rusty one, that was just the parts truck. This is a GA truck with an AZ bed. The only rust is in the floors.