Rollbar dimensions wanted!

8 hours ago, Muncher said:

I'll do my best tommrow and try to get them for you. 

8 hours ago, Muncher said:

Not sure if I'll be able to get the angles but the main support is a 90 degree I'm pretty sure and I think the kickers are probably 45 or steeper 

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Pete M said:

something that might help out is that if someone with a loose rollbar could lay it down on some wrapping paper, trace the entire thing out, then fold it up and mail it to you.  :L: 

That would be very nice. If we can't get it close with Muncher, that will probably be my next step.

2 hours ago, Pete M said:

something that might help out is that if someone with a loose rollbar could lay it down on some wrapping paper, trace the entire thing out, then fold it up and mail it to you.  :L: 

:yeahthat: I tried getting measurements but it's very difficult when installed especially with a truck box between the supports. The top is NOT 90°, there is a rise so there is a slight peak at the center of the top bar.

3 hours ago, Jesse J said:

CAD might be very useful on this

It might. I’ll need to try to figure something out with that. 

1 hour ago, fiatslug87 said:

:yeahthat: I tried getting measurements but it's very difficult when installed especially with a truck box between the supports. The top is NOT 90°, there is a rise so there is a slight peak at the center of the top bar.

Interesting. I’ll bet they are hard to get. 

On 12/9/2020 at 9:32 AM, 89 MJ said:

That would be very nice. If we can't get it close with Muncher, that will probably be my next step.

I've got a very nice SWB rollbar in my basement.  PM me if you want me to draw it up or trace it.  I have a few years drafting experience.

52 minutes ago, kryptronic said:

I've got a very nice SWB rollbar in my basement.  PM me if you want me to draw it up or trace it.  I have a few years drafting experience.

I actually just bought a truck with one, so I think I should be able to come up with something. Thanks though!

• 2 years later...

Is there anyway someone can confirm this dimension on a long bed sport bar?
This is an old photo @HOrnbrod posted. Is there anyway someone can check if 36in is the correct dimension for the length of the wheel well support tube, measured from the weldment on the main loop to the flange mount on the wheel well bracket?

I picked up a hacked up longbed sport bar here:

https://comancheclub.com/topic/72136-is-this-an-mj-roll-bar/

I am looking to weld it up back to original condition. The last photo shows the current condition of the bar.

Thanks!

759100191_rollbardimension.jpg.748dbfa549c53608f5f04fda25317cf2.jpg

20230703_174945.jpg

12 hours ago, Salvagedcircuit said:

Is there anyway someone can confirm this dimension on a long bed sport bar?
This is an old photo @HOrnbrod posted. Is there anyway someone can check if 36in is the correct dimension for the length of the wheel well support tube, measured from the weldment on the main loop to the flange mount on the wheel well bracket?

I picked up a hacked up longbed sport bar here:

https://comancheclub.com/topic/72136-is-this-an-mj-roll-bar/

I am looking to weld it up back to original condition. The last photo shows the current condition of the bar.

Thanks!

759100191_rollbardimension.jpg.748dbfa549c53608f5f04fda25317cf2.jpg

20230703_174945.jpg

I can confirm after work today

On 7/26/2023 at 3:09 PM, Salvagedcircuit said:

Awesome! :thanks:

Sorry a day late. I may have forgotten haha

They are measured to the best of my ability.

20230727_183245.jpg.a071a5deab599f95d18728e639650bdb.jpg

Of course it flipped :shaking: I wasn't quite seeing 39" on mine 38 1/2 roughly.

20230727_183311.jpg.8b667f93ea2764ed2dcd5900bd376482.jpg

20230727_183409.jpg.032746bcce7c75eb8cbd76124719abf6.jpg

Looks like his measurements were close to mine. I measured on top of the feet too.

he may have flipped the sport bar over to get an better measurement from bottom of foot to bottom of foot